Notices

Porsche-Corvette autocross challenge in PA

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 03:36 PM
00r101
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Registration is now opened - Go to http://cpa-pca.org/events/2010/10-10...oss/index.html and scroll to the bottom to prepay. If you don't want to prepay or have problems with the site just write me an email at alanpozner@gmail.com We need Porsches to represent!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 07:19 PM
racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im out.. I re mapped it.. nearly 3hours (I thought it was closer to 2hours) is just too far for me. Good luck to those who do make the trip!
Old 10-18-2010, 04:09 PM
2002M3Drew
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, we came, we saw, we kicked some fiberglASS! (how clever of me)

Alan Pozner did a nice job organizing this event along with his Corvette counterpart. The lot was nicely paved, and a fairly technical course was set for us. It was run as a regular autocross, with two heats and everyone receiving 5 runs. The top ten fastest Porsche guys and top ten fastest Corvette guys then advanced to the challenge round. Each driver received one run in the challenge. The top time and the bottom time would be dropped from the tally, and then the total time of the remaining eight would count as the team score. Turns out we had a tie in the Porsche ranks at position #10, so we went to eleven drivers for each team.

Dave Newman came in first (XP class older 911), with brother Rick in 2nd (1982 Euro SC w/Euro Carrera motor), a national-level driver in Alan Pozner's Boxster (BS) in 3rd, followed by me in fourth. Russ Kremens from Metro also made the elite eleven driving a borrowed stock Boxster. In the challenge round, we really crushed the Vette guys. Dave came in first, followed by a former FS SCCA national champ driving a brand new Corvette Grand Sport in second, Rick Newman in 3rd, and me in fourth (I managed to leapfrog the third spot Boxster and a couple of Vettes). I think we took most of the top ten spots, and won overall by some 14 seconds. Go Porsche!
Old 10-18-2010, 04:49 PM
00r101
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002M3Drew
Well, we came, we saw, we kicked some fiberglASS! (how clever of me)

Alan Pozner did a nice job organizing this event along with his Corvette counterpart. The lot was nicely paved, and a fairly technical course was set for us. It was run as a regular autocross, with two heats and everyone receiving 5 runs. The top ten fastest Porsche guys and top ten fastest Corvette guys then advanced to the challenge round. Each driver received one run in the challenge. The top time and the bottom time would be dropped from the tally, and then the total time of the remaining eight would count as the team score. Turns out we had a tie in the Porsche ranks at position #10, so we went to eleven drivers for each team.

Dave Newman came in first (XP class older 911), with brother Rick in 2nd (1982 Euro SC w/Euro Carrera motor), a national-level driver in Alan Pozner's Boxster (BS) in 3rd, followed by me in fourth. Russ Kremens from Metro also made the elite eleven driving a borrowed stock Boxster. In the challenge round, we really crushed the Vette guys. Dave came in first, followed by a former FS SCCA national champ driving a brand new Corvette Grand Sport in second, Rick Newman in 3rd, and me in fourth (I managed to leapfrog the third spot Boxster and a couple of Vettes). I think we took most of the top ten spots, and won overall by some 14 seconds. Go Porsche!
Thanks Drew! It was really a pretty enjoyable day. I am glad for all the people who drove long distances to make it including Rich Wayne, Russ, the Newmans and Drew. Also many Porsche guys really stepped up to help run this event. In the challenge round Porsche course worker volunteers outnunmbered the 'vette workers 2 to 1. Looks like we have a fun, fair format. Next year the 'vette guys will be designing the course so we need more high HP P-cars!

Quick Reply: Porsche-Corvette autocross challenge in PA