Notices

Devens, MA complete schedule?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009 | 11:28 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Default Devens, MA complete schedule?

Hi,

Could anybody explain to me - I know this Sunday will be SHO event at Devens, that`s fine, but on next weekend www.motorsportreg.com shows no events there at all.

What is usually going on there on such days - is it possible to pay somebody locally there to get there for practice or is it just closed permanently for anybody?

Or is there anywhere some sort of complete schedule of all events on that airfield? I was told once they have racing events there every weekend during summer months. Does anybody know?
Old 09-25-2009 | 11:58 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

It is quite a PITA to find this info - after some googling I found that
Saturday, October 3
Saturday, October 17

are dates for Renegade Miata club events. www.motorsportreg.com does not list it for some reason.

So, I assume then nothing happens there on October 4th and 11th? Or does it?
Old 09-26-2009 | 07:42 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Somebody runs there just about every Saturday and Sunday from April to October. I am running with SHO tomorrow, and with both clubs running next weekend. Renegade Miata and Boston BMWCCA. Members of NCR Porsche may sign up and run with Renegade. BMW has their own website and they limit their events to 100 drivers, and sell out in about 12 hours after registration opens. You need to be a BMWCCA member to run with them. Most other clubs cap around 60-70 drivers, and you can almost always get in if you sign up early enough. SCCA also runs there but wifey and I have yet to run with them.
Wifey and I run with NESVT, NESHOC, SVTCOBRA, NCR Porsche, NER Porsche, Boston BMWCCA, and Renegade Miata. We seldom miss an event because WE HAVE NO LIFE!!! Just kidding.....about having no life.
Old 09-26-2009 | 11:37 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

I see, thanks. I also registered for tomorrow, hopefully rain will not mess it up too much.

I think I saw your car at last NCR event - very sharp. It was my first auto-x there - I drove silver 06 997 C2, #222 - with pretty lousy results, but, heck, I`m just starting to learn my car anyway.

I am still getting used to entire concept and just wasn`t quite sure how scheduling works at Devens but now it makes more sense. I will check out web sites of those clubs you listed, thanks!
Old 09-26-2009 | 11:39 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

BTW, for next weekend - I assume October 3rd - how exactly do we pre-register? Is there any web site to pay online?
Old 09-26-2009 | 07:23 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

I was not expecting to take 1st in my division at the last NCR event because I was on road course tires. I ran them because all I needed to do was to place to take the season. As it was I took 1st by .016.
Go to the Renegade site and drop a line to Rob, you will find a link to email him somewhere. http://www.renegademiata.net/
Although wifey and I are signed up for tomorrow, not sure we will be there. I did something to my neck this morning and it was all I could do to turn around and get my gooseneck trailer aligned over the ball. If it feels better we will be there. Rain can be fun sometimes. We will both be driving Inky if we make it. Kermit has a flapping loose or broken piece of bottom pan hanging down. I need to patch it before it gets completly torn off.
Old 09-26-2009 | 08:46 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Sorry to hear that, hope you`ll get better soon!

I sent email to Rob and he responded, so I guess it will be OK for Oct 3rd. What tires do you usually use for auto-x? As for me - it will be long way I guess, Ron Mann instructed me last time and he drove my car as it was in 69 sec, my best time was 79, so, well, most likely nothing yet matters much there in relation to suspension, tires, etc. - it is lack of driving skills. But still I am just curious. I have PS2 on a car right now but for next season I will probably buy something dedicated as I have spare set of 18" rims in garage, currently with winter tires on them. I was thinking about Nitto Invos or Nitto NT01 - what would you say?
Old 09-26-2009 | 10:42 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Hopefully WILL see you tomorrow. If you are new to the sport, the most important thing you can do to your car is to sit in it and drive it. Seat time will get you faster than anything else. Neck still is sore, but a wet autocross will not pull a lot of Gs.
Scruffy
Old 09-27-2009 | 12:46 PM
Deadeye
Rennlist Member

Hi Scruffy, sorry to hear about your neck-hope you were able to go out and slip around a little today. I picked up a used DAS roll bar for my cab the other day. Now I can come and play at the NER event on the 18th.
Old 09-27-2009 | 07:39 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Deadeye
Hi Scruffy, sorry to hear about your neck-hope you were able to go out and slip around a little today. I picked up a used DAS roll bar for my cab the other day. Now I can come and play at the NER event on the 18th.
Wet all day but we managed 10 runs and got out early. Just got home about an hour ago as we unloaded Inky at work and Susan drove it home while I unhooked the trailer.
See you both the 18th. Don't know what I will be driving because I have enough points for the season
Old 09-27-2009 | 08:47 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

BTW going back to my original question - could you post here complete list of dates and clubs running at Devens this season? I am trying to dig one by one those clubs listed above but it takes time and, say, I still cannot find if anybody is doing there anything on Oct 4th and 11th?
Old 09-27-2009 | 10:14 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by utkinpol
BTW going back to my original question - could you post here complete list of dates and clubs running at Devens this season? I am trying to dig one by one those clubs listed above but it takes time and, say, I still cannot find if anybody is doing there anything on Oct 4th and 11th?
I'll post tomorrow from work. PTFO time at the Scruffy household bout now.
Old 09-28-2009 | 10:45 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

October
3rd, Renegade Miata.
4th, BMW, sold out.
10th, SCMC www.svtcobra.com
11th, ??? maybe SCCA? Don't know.17th, Renegade Miata.
18th, NER Porsche.
25th, NESVT. On motosport.reg.
31th, BMW. Reg opens at midnight this Wednesday. Will sell out in maybe 12 hours.
Old 09-28-2009 | 11:39 AM
jmazz
Instructor

Last time I was looking I found this list someone put together. I hope it helps.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...ox-devens.html
Old 09-29-2009 | 11:00 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. What a pity - it seems it will be raining again on Oct 3rd...

Quick Reply: Devens, MA complete schedule?