Notices

Orange Coast region autocross

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 02:48 PM
SAM DACOSTA
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

David, thanks for the clarification. I know they had announced Evan as TTOD, thus my post. Congratulations to Gary on his times as well. BTW, did you get my PM? I did not get your answers if you had replied.

I'll be there on Sunday...

Last edited by SAM DACOSTA; 08-26-2009 at 04:45 PM. Reason: spell check
Old 08-26-2009, 06:02 PM
VNTGSPD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did but I guess I'm not sure where it went.

To answer your question, the "autocross/DE" events that PCA OCR does do not require more than a helmet and long sleeve shirt and pants. However, I know the way you do things and I'd say a good rule of thumb is to buy as much safety equipment as you can afford. A hans device is not required for what we do but if you are club racing or pro racing, you can still hit the wall just as hard!

Long term I would like to have a halo seat, hans device, fire system, and full cage instead of my half cage, and maybe a newer suit. Until then I pick and choose my events and level of commitment while driving, not that this makes me safer but hopefully reduces the chances of a serious incident.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:17 PM
SAM DACOSTA
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VNTGSPD
I did but I guess I'm not sure where it went.

To answer your question, the "autocross/DE" events that PCA OCR does do not require more than a helmet and long sleeve shirt and pants. However, I know the way you do things and I'd say a good rule of thumb is to buy as much safety equipment as you can afford. A hans device is not required for what we do but if you are club racing or pro racing, you can still hit the wall just as hard!

Long term I would like to have a halo seat, hans device, fire system, and full cage instead of my half cage, and maybe a newer suit. Until then I pick and choose my events and level of commitment while driving, not that this makes me safer but hopefully reduces the chances of a serious incident.
Thanks David. I'll budget the safety equipment over time (Helmet, driving suit, shoes and gloves seems like it will get me by for now.) I think I mentioned I upgraded the 6pt. Harness (belts and cam lock), mounted the fire extinguisher (in front of the passenger seat), and added padding to the roll cage.

Always appreciate your input.

Quick Reply: Orange Coast region autocross