Notices

Northeast PCA Autocrossers - Who is Going to Zone 1 in September?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 10:00 AM
chrisp
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I04 for me.

See ya there!
Old 09-19-2008, 02:02 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 288 Posts

Blowing out of work and packing up now.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:39 PM
2002M3Drew
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Guys!

It was fun meeting and competing against some of you guys! It's a shame that Day 2 got screwed up...leave it to Six Flags, I guess.

Hope to see you guys next year, or at another event sooner
Old 09-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Yup, good to meet new people. Results are out now too.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

We worked first, ran second on Sunday. Wifey ran the first heat and I got into the car just as the fun police showed up and shut us down. I never got to run on Sunday.
It looks like a good central place to host next years event if Six Flags can get comfortable with us. A friend later told me that somewhere in the US Six Flags has let the SCCA use one of their lots for autocross.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:51 PM
George S
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What ? They shut down the event during the 2nd day? Pray tell.....
Old 09-24-2008, 05:14 PM
butzip
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

some self gratifying pics.........

Last edited by butzip; 10-28-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by George S
What ? They shut down the event during the 2nd day? Pray tell.....
The idea of us standing out on the course with the cars running scared the crap outta them.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:25 PM
butzip
Burning Brakes

Apparently Six Flags admin thought we were going to stage CARSHOW not an auto-x. They didn't say anything Saturday but half way through Sunday a security guard question what was goin on and put the brakes on the event.

BTW - Can sombody tell me about the local (official) police showed up?? I was work flag 1 and saw the Agawam cops (2 cruisers) roll up, block the exits and then not 5 minutes later the SF security showed up. I then noticed the Cops talking to the girl that was taking pics, she was crying her eyes out as if something was stolen??? I'm thinking she called the cops for some reason and they then called SF security as SOP. Pure speculation on my side but not a coincidence....... Can anyone cfm what exactly happened?
Old 09-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by butzip
Apparently Six Flags admin thought we were going to stage CARSHOW not an auto-x. They didn't say anything Saturday but half way through Sunday a security guard question what was goin on and put the brakes on the event.

BTW - Can sombody tell me about the local (official) police showed up?? I was work flag 1 and saw the Agawam cops (2 cruisers) roll up, block the exits and then not 5 minutes later the SF security showed up. I then noticed the Cops talking to the girl that was taking pics, she was crying her eyes out as if something was stolen??? I'm thinking she called the cops for some reason and they then called SF security as SOP. Pure speculation on my side but not a coincidence....... Can anyone cfm what exactly happened?
She told us that a guy tried to carjack her and the boxter while she was out to buy batteries for the camera. Some people nearby helped her and she came straight back to the event and called the police. She is from my region and was very upset. I guess I would be too.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:41 PM
George S
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
The idea of us standing out on the course with the cars running scared the crap outta them.
So what did they do about scoring? Just use times from the first day?

Other than the fact that it is inconvenient for a lot of drivers, I think Devens should be the home of Zone 1 AX just like Zone 1 DE is at the Glen. There is no other place that I know of where you can have a 1.5 mile course. And there is no chance of being shut down during the day.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Six Flags security was not related to the police, as far as I know. Someone told me that on Sunday a driver asked somebody at the fire department for directions. Seems that the fire dept wants a paid detail at these events and there is supposed to be an ambulance there also. If true than the added cost could rule out Six Flags for next year, but that is just my guess.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:49 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by George S
So what did they do about scoring? Just use times from the first day?

Other than the fact that it is inconvenient for a lot of drivers, I think Devens should be the home of Zone 1 AX just like Zone 1 DE is at the Glen. There is no other place that I know of where you can have a 1.5 mile course. And there is no chance of being shut down during the day.
Saturday times only. I'm at Devens almost every weekend and this was the first parking lot wifey and I ran on, and we liked it a lot. Devens is a ton more reliable though.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:03 PM
butzip
Burning Brakes

CARJACK?!?!? no kidding, that is seriously messed up!! Now I feel guilty because I told her where to go! The Sunoco station right down the street. She should have stayed right there and called the cops. That is not a bad section of town either....... Well I hope they caught the guy and she's ok.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:11 PM
George S
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
Saturday times only. I'm at Devens almost every weekend and this was the first parking lot wifey and I ran on, and we liked it a lot. Devens is a ton more reliable though.
Yeah I know that Scruffy. I run the NER and NCR series too.

Hint...think 666

Quick Reply: Northeast PCA Autocrossers - Who is Going to Zone 1 in September?