Notices

Northeast PCA Autocrossers - Who is Going to Zone 1 in September?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 06:21 PM
chrisp
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Parking lot was perfect. Weather was perfect and everyone was having a great time (except for the almost carjacking of course) until the plug got pulled. Trophys were great too.

I haven't autocrossed in about 7 years and this was light years better than I remember (my first with PCA). I only wish more folks showed. It was a good crowd at about 60 but the facility could handle 100 and that would help Zone 1 break even on this event and make it bigger/better. If people would be ok with staying until 5:00 we could run a third group and still get 10 runs each.

Thanks for posting the pic Peter! You went pretty well out there.

-Chris
Old 09-25-2008, 09:06 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by George S
Yeah I know that Scruffy. I run the NER and NCR series too.

Hint...think 666
Duh, brain did not make link to screen name and location. Mornin George.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:13 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by butzip
CARJACK?!?!? no kidding, that is seriously messed up!! Now I feel guilty because I told her where to go! The Sunoco station right down the street. She should have stayed right there and called the cops. That is not a bad section of town either....... Well I hope they caught the guy and she's ok.
She came back because she knew the event was starting. I think she said that the people who helped her recognized the assailant too.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:16 PM
2002M3Drew
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think there was a near carjacking...there was something wrong there with that person all weekend. Event organizers had their hands full...
Old 10-29-2008, 08:27 AM
porrsha
Race Director

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

It would be good to get a consensus of opinion of Zone 1 folks as to a permanent site for this event. Also have a permanent date , like the 1st weekend in Oct. or 2 nd weekend in Sept..etc for this event so all regions could plan around the date.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:18 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Good idea. I liked the Six Flags site because it is sorta central to most zones, and it is also nobodys home lot. Just need to sort the management out if that is even possible. The date was good for us also because we did not miss any local Porsche events, but who knows for next year.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:20 AM
George S
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rumor has it that Zone 1 will be back at Devins in 2009 for two days in August.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:22 PM
George S
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porrsha
It would be good to get a consensus of opinion of Zone 1 folks as to a permanent site for this event. Also have a permanent date , like the 1st weekend in Oct. or 2 nd weekend in Sept..etc for this event so all regions could plan around the date.
I've always thought that Devins was the best AX spot in the Northeast so that would be my vote.

And yes, it would make all the Zone 1 regions plan better for the event.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:36 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Devens is the best AutoX lot on the NorthEast. It's worth the trip. I bet to say it is the best AutoX lot on the entire East Coast.

If Devens can be the permanent site, it will work for me. I don't mind flying there to run Zone 1 with my friends.

Romulus, no way. Six Flags much less after the fiasco. Nothing in NJ/NY worth it for a Regional level event.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Devens is the best AutoX lot on the NorthEast. It's worth the trip. I bet to say it is the best AutoX lot on the entire East Coast.

If Devens can be the permanent site, it will work for me. I don't mind flying there to run Zone 1 with my friends.

Romulus, no way. Six Flags much less after the fiasco. Nothing in NJ/NY worth it for a Regional level event.

I agree that Devens is huge. It's just that I liked the lot at Six Flags because it was different, not that is was better. A square lot makes for more of a 3D experience as opposed to the runways that are more of a linear experience. Six Flags was the first time wifey and I competed away from Devens.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:21 AM
porrsha
Race Director

I have run Devens a couple of times, SCCA Divisionals mostly. It's a runway guys like Seneca Army depot. Give me a break.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:58 PM
butzip
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
I agree that Devens is huge. It's just that I liked the lot at Six Flags because it was different, not that is was better. A square lot makes for more of a 3D experience as opposed to the runways that are more of a linear experience. Six Flags was the first time wifey and I competed away from Devens.
That is a very astute observation. The square lot makes it more involving as a spectator/between runs as well. At Devens, you get to see the start and the finish only. While working, you get to see your section and then the car is gone. My vote is for Six Flags once they get new management!!
Old 11-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by butzip
That is a very astute observation. The square lot makes it more involving as a spectator/between runs as well. At Devens, you get to see the start and the finish only. While working, you get to see your section and then the car is gone. My vote is for Six Flags once they get new management!!
Latest news that I have heard is that it will be at Devens next season and Zone 1 has its own dates, not dates borrowed from NER and NCR. So much for Six Flags. If it is true that there must be EMTs along with a fire truck then that extra $$$ would kill it for most clubs.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:51 AM
porrsha
Race Director

I heard that Zone 1 is suing Six Flags for non performance of the contract!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 03:35 PM
butzip
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by porrsha
I heard that Zone 1 is suing Six Flags for non performance of the contract!!!
Wooo Hooo

I heard Bugs Bunny drives the fire truck and Wiley Coyote is the EMT

That lot is empty all freaking year round, what a waste!! Between the lot of us there, we probably have more fire extinguishers and suppression at hand than the fire truck!! When was the last time any region needed an ambulance?!?!?!? Next they will tell us that Life Star helicopter needs to be on site

Brgds, bitter and angry, Peter

Quick Reply: Northeast PCA Autocrossers - Who is Going to Zone 1 in September?