Notices

Funny Noob Comment at an AX

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 04:14 PM
Grantsfo
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by springgeyser
Riding a rev limiter common is something I have not ever seen in PCA GGR AX. There is a difference if you don't upshift and keep in a higher rev range. Maybe it is fairly common for people that don't now how to shift or a Boxster thing.

The one time I hit the rev limiter at a DE my 996 (was trying to pass another car), the fuel cutoff was severe and it took a second to recover. If it was a AX, I can't see how 'riding rev limiter' can help.
Talk to the 914 drivers at GGR events Lots of us occasionally bounce off the rev limiter for short periods of time at some GGR and UFO events. You are absolutely right however. If you are spending lots of time on the rev limiter you are going to be faster just shifting to the next gear. Some 914 guys are afraid to make quick shifts up and then back down with our old 901 gearboxes. LOL!

I tried first gear on a few of those slower sections at that UFO event and quickly bounced off rev limiter but quickly adjusted to use 2nd gear . My problem wasnt with my motor however I broke a CV Joint at the event - really strange as rear end of the car was bouncing around prior to CV joint failing making the car handling terrible - the entire half shaft had broken free when it let go.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:42 PM
springgeyser
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Grantsfo
Talk to the 914 drivers at GGR events Lots of us occasionally bounce off the rev limiter for short periods of time at some GGR and UFO events. You are absolutely right however. If you are spending lots of time on the rev limiter you are going to be faster just shifting to the next gear. Some 914 guys are afraid to make quick shifts up and then back down with our old 901 gearboxes. LOL!

I tried first gear on a few of those slower sections at that UFO event and quickly bounced off rev limiter but quickly adjusted to use 2nd gear . My problem wasnt with my motor however I broke a CV Joint at the event - really strange as rear end of the car was bouncing around prior to CV joint failing making the car handling terrible - the entire half shaft had broken free when it let go.
I was leaving the event when I saw your 914 'limp' through the course. You probably also notice the Evo banging on his limiter through the 'showcase turn' run after run also then.

Touching the rev limiter briefly really is no big deal. I misjudge ocassionally, I'll see you on the 17th GGR event. Don't think I will attend th UFO event on the 4th so I can put in a new suspension.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:31 PM
LaughaC
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone set their limiter lower for these events? My MSD is set to limit revs at 6500 but I could change that in a jiffy.

Last edited by LaughaC; 05-26-2008 at 12:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Funny Noob Comment at an AX