Notices

Pics wanted of AX equipment trailer interiors.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 09:25 AM
NCporsche
Chainsaw
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 128 Posts
Default Pics wanted of AX equipment trailer interiors.

While in the process of doing some repairs on the local PCA AX trailer, I thought it a good time to reorganize it.

The biggest problem is the 550 cones. Currently we have 350 cones, but another 200 are on the way for Parade Charlotte. In the past, they have been stacked and laid flat on the floor. If the course only requires 150 cones, the floor is still covered with cones prohibiting walking on the floor to retrieve other items. While I would like to stack the cones along the sides, allowing a path through the center, I'm concerned about the center of gravity.

Another heavy item is the 12 fire extinguishers. Hanging them would be ideal, but it's probably best that they are stored on the floor.

Other items needing a place are helmets, pop-up tent, table, chairs, flags, vests, timing equipment, line marker (heavy and bulky, needs to stay on the floor) ...

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:54 AM
J P Stein
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We at ORPCA did the Parade in 2006 and bought new 200 cones. Our trailer went to chaos to an unmitigated disaster. We did install metal racks with adjustable shelving....made of round chrome tubing from Home Despot or the like. This allows a bunch of "stuff" to get off the floor so cones, fire-exs, chalker, & what not
can own the floor. That said, ya still gotta unload Sh!tage to open the center aisle.
We're buying a bigger trailer & letting the DE guys have the old one to themselves.

Good luck with the Parade AX. It was ....ah...an experience.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:45 PM
NCporsche
Chainsaw
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 128 Posts

Finally got the trailer 95% complete, less loading in another 300+ cones.

Still need to do some painting on the new shelving.

If you are AXing and can snap a pic or two of the insides of your area's trailer, I'm still interested.
Attached Images     

Quick Reply: Pics wanted of AX equipment trailer interiors.