Drive Hoosier A6 to autocross track?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Kerry
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mech:
Sorry I took so long to reply. Yes, those are the tire sizes. I have them on stock 996TT hollow spoke wheels. I have bought the Kumho V710 tire as per Joe's recommendation. It's the only R-compound I have every used, so I can't compare, but it seems to last longer than other people's Hoosier A6s and it seems to be just as stickly. I don't need any spacers and the tires don't rub; they don't look to be close to rubbing. The tire shop I use says it's a pain to get the rears to seat on the stock 18x11 wheel but once it's on it stays.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:42 PM
Matt Murray
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hoosier themselves specify to not run them on the street (even tho DOT approved/legal). But they are a very fast tire.

So you could do like I did (and now Fred Pack and his GT3) and pull a tire trailer. Pics of the hitch (similar to the Southwest Trailer hitch (defunct company)) and the trailer, from Trailex "Tire Toter." Great trailer that is very light.
Attached Images   
Old 08-31-2009, 02:07 PM
ATL986
Intermediate

Do NOT drive Hoosiers on the street. If you don't wear them out, you will most likely damage the tire. They are expecially susceptable to punctures and damageing the belts.
agreed. Hoosiers are not meant to be a street tire. The A6 generally wears about 5 dollars worth per run, and that gets expensive. Besides, 20 miles is an aweful long way to go on practically slicks in the off chance that it rains...
Old 08-31-2009, 02:46 PM
ATL986
Intermediate

not to mention the damage to the tires themselves...

Quick Reply: Drive Hoosier A6 to autocross track?