New Fastrack out

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2023, 02:11 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 315 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Z3papa
While I am not rooting for or against the 997.1S, I will state this is what you need to include when you write a letter in support or against a proposal with the SEB.
People who are surprise plopping the 997 into BS do not have enough of a science or engineering background to make any sense of that information. Those are all quick checks that they should have done themselves if they understood. There is no way that people behaving as the current SEB and advisory committees do are using data. I believe they are probably doing their best, and it is a volunteer organization... but if you don't want to be infuriated when they TYFYI, you probably don't need to include that much information in a letter.
The following users liked this post:
ztnedman1 (05-10-2023)
Old 05-04-2023, 02:26 PM
justint5387
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Auto_Werks 3.6
People who are surprise plopping the 997 into BS do not have enough of a science or engineering background to make any sense of that information. Those are all quick checks that they should have done themselves if they understood. There is no way that people behaving as the current SEB and advisory committees do are using data. I believe they are probably doing their best, and it is a volunteer organization... but if you don't want to be infuriated when they TYFYI, you probably don't need to include that much information in a letter.
Wow, how negative can you get? This is called a proposal, write a letter if you think they made a mistake. I am pretty sure someone wrote a letter to move the 997 to BS, and not many have competed in it to show whether it is competitive.

No one researched all the different trims from different models. Maybe you should volunteer and try do to better.
Z3papa (05-04-2023)
Old 05-04-2023, 02:47 PM
Z3papa
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by justint5387
Wow, how negative can you get? This is called a proposal, write a letter if you think they made a mistake. I am pretty sure someone wrote a letter to move the 997 to BS, and not many have competed in it to show whether it is competitive.

No one researched all the different trims from different models. Maybe you should volunteer and try do to better.
I agree but it's consistent with many of Ryan's posts, whether they are here, on the book of faces or elsewhere. Reality is the SAC gets lots of letters regarding moving cars within classes. Some get dismissed in one form or the other, others get some traction which invariably results in the SAC putting out a move for comment so those in the know can comment and provide meaningful information, data, results, etc. to assist them in their process from which decisions can made. This constant drumbeat of hypercritical comments directed at the volunteers who help our club set classing and rules isn't constructive even when I may disagree with their decision.
Old 05-04-2023, 04:58 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 315 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by justint5387

I have offered to help as recently as this year, but I'm sure that I'm incompatible with their values, so it is probably best that they continue to operate as they do while I watch from the cheap seats. It's not a small mistake, or a one time deal. It's a suggestion that they are making that shows that don't have the slightest understanding of the landscape of what they are doing. It thumbs their nose at every person that has made a reasonable request to have their 718 or 981 moved down in class. I honestly don't know how they could make such a bold mistake unless they were doing it on purpose. You don't need a letter as detailed as the one Ed wrote to know that car doesn't fit in the current BS, especially when they have been rejecting cars that are less than this for a year or more. At any rate, sorry if it's too negative for you, but I don't think people should get their hopes up that writing a detailed letter will get them anywhere, because 99% of the time it will not.
ztnedman1 (05-10-2023)

Quick Reply: New Fastrack out