Notices

Recommendations for New AutoXer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 04:57 PM
PedalFaster
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by earlyapex
There is a belt locking device on the market calledCG-Lock that effectively does the same thing as twisting your belt.
If you're on a budget, Toys'R'Us sells little metal clips designed to lock the seat belt for use with child seats for a couple of bucks. It's a pain to fasten before every run, but it's cheaper than the CG-Lock.

Personally, I'm content with just the stock belts; I'm sure I'm moving around, but I never notice it.

Steve
Old 04-13-2004, 09:55 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regarding preventing sliding around in a seat, I recommend a torso harness. It loops around your torso, underneath your armpits and around the back of the seat. Quite effective in keeping your upper body in place.

It's available at Racerwholesale.com. (Look for G-Force autocross torso harness)

-Zoltan.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:31 AM
PedalFaster
Pro

Originally posted by Z-man
Regarding preventing sliding around in a seat, I recommend a torso harness.
One caveat since you have a cabrio -- if you're running in an SCCA event, it's illegal to use a supplemental upper body restraint like a torso harness unless you also have a roll bar or cage which extends above your head. The CG-Lock and the Toys'R'Us child seat clip only lock the lap belt.

If you're not racing with the SCCA, consider the low cost torso harness solution -- a pair of belts (the kind that holds your pants up) fastened together.

Steve
Old 04-14-2004, 12:00 PM
Stan944
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

earlyapex:
I acknowledge your point, and thanks for the link - this product looks like a good investment.
Stan
Old 04-15-2004, 05:03 PM
ccannon968
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think the tricky bit is...

I think the sticky bit is that the M030 rear shocks come with helper springs that aren't present on the base shocks.

M030 Rear Shocks and Springs

So it's not just that the make of shock is changing, I'd be adding an additional suspension element.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:36 PM
PedalFaster
Pro

Default Re: I think the tricky bit is...

Originally posted by ccannon968
I think the sticky bit is that the M030 rear shocks come with helper springs that aren't present on the base shocks.
Oh, I see. Yeah, changing to those would be illegal in SCCA Stock class without a full-on M030 conversion.

Steve
Old 04-17-2004, 02:26 AM
BluemaxxRacing
Racer

Just get out there and have a good time with your car AS-IS! Right now, your car is better than you so concentrate on catching up with the help of your fellow Porsche drivers. After you stawrt to get the feel of things, you will want to do mods to inch ever so closer to the class leaders. Most of all, HAVE FUN!! Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:45 PM
Tahoe Shark
Addict
Rennlist Member

Dave_D,

I'm in Incline also. My wife and I will be going to the PCA autocross in Stead the 15th and 16th.
This will be our first also. I think lots of fun and low expectation on lap time is the order of the day.
Hope to meet you there.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:45 PM
Dave_D
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We'll look for you! My wife & I are in an Arctic White 996 cab.

BTW, we went to the SCCA newbie/school day a couple weeks back and the weather was dismal. Mt. Rose was closed by snow and Donner summit was gettin' hammered -- maybe 50' visibility -- scary in PZeros. Needless to say, we were late. Had fun, even if things were a bit slippery.

Dave

Quick Reply: Recommendations for New AutoXer?