Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Dension 500S BT How Good is it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 05:01 AM
Caymansnz
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dension 500S BT How Good is it?

Hi I've just bought a 997.1 C4 love it

It has PCM with nav and bose sound package.

Is the Dension any good, and what features does it bring to the system apart from

just iPod connectivity?

Is the sound the same as Cd

I want to keep the sound system as standard.

Thanks for your feedback
Old 04-05-2014, 12:51 PM
TIMBERHOLLOW9310
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had mine installed about a month ago. Nice features, the iPod play lists show on head unit display like a cd. Nice Bluetooth hands free phone allow dialing from head unit also for stored numbers. I am pleased and Eric at bumperplugs is a first class resource. My $.02
Old 06-28-2014, 01:46 AM
sidwin
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

make sure you get the firmware updated. i used it on my long trip back from NYC. to be honest, probably not worth the money but it came with my car. with the latest firmware, id3 tags work via bluetooth. forward a song from iphone plugged directly in also works. all of them have crappy bluetooth. i have a tooki in my car in addition to the dension. still crap. another thing that is horrible with dension is the menu. very confusing to use if you want to switch between bluetooth streaming, usb hard drive or directly plugged in. It is nice to be able to plug a thumb drive in and have it play. The support for dension is awesome. takes them a couple of hours but the respond. No SIRI either since there is no activation button. i would probably try that cheaper bluetooth we've been seeing on here. it's fm modulated but seems to work nice.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:27 AM
kellymartin612
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think I can handle such nuisance on a regular basis..

Sorry, I can't help with the issues u guys are having. To me, it sounds like a hardware problem from Dension. But I am sure Eric will do everything he can to sort it out.

I purchased Denison 500 (not sure if it's the same model) with BT about 4 years ago from Eric and haven't had any problems. I had it professionally installed and I have never updated the software.

Hope it works out for u guys !!

Quick Reply: Dension 500S BT How Good is it?