Custom ALPINE Splash / Boot / Start screen with OEM Look Instructions - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Audio and Video Forum
Reload this Page >

Custom ALPINE Splash / Boot / Start screen with OEM Look Instructions

Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.

Custom ALPINE Splash / Boot / Start screen with OEM Look Instructions

Old 07-23-2016, 03:06 PM
Bruce In Philly
Addict
Rennlist Member

2009 C2S

Alpine INE W957HD

Thanx guys, it worked.

I just dragged cayenneturbo's Porsche logo from my browser to my desktop but it came through as a JPG with a goofy name. I right clicked on it and opened it in PAINT. The size was correct at 800x480 so I just saved it as a bmp with the appropriate name: apn_pa_opening.bmp

Followed the great instruction and it just worked. Thanx all!

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 08-29-2016, 08:04 PM
Bruce In Philly
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Original Alpine Splash Logo

I don't know how Rennlist will change the file.... compress etc., but just ensure is is a BMP at the appropriate sizing before loading.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Old 05-17-2018, 01:32 PM
LittleBitBent
User

This is the splash screen I created for my recent installation of an Alpine ILX-107 (the wireless Carplay unit). This is the 800x480 24-bit bmp file, and it worked perfectly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sc9z64qfd3...0x480.bmp?dl=0
Old 05-20-2018, 06:33 PM
bmccaffr
New User

Default Alpine splash

What USB did you use was it FAT 32 I tried everything by the book error came up every time as usb not compatible
Old 06-21-2018, 09:53 PM
Rnlcomp
New User

Just joined to thank those that provided the instructions for changing the splash screen, worked like a charm on my Alpine X009-FD2. Here's a link to the Ford logo in the correct format and size.

To the last poster I had the same problem using a Sandisk thumb drive (32G) so I grabbed an older thumb drive I had (2G) and it worked perfectly. I'm thinking that "usb not supported" message may have something to do with the size of the drive itself.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:30 AM
giortire
User

Hi!
I know this is an old post, but I just got an Alpine ILX-107, and I have the image saved and formatted, but don't know the sequence for the ILX-107, since it does not have the same buttons as the above description. This is for my 2000 996 C4.

Can you help?

Thanks, in advance.

Mike
Old 10-16-2018, 06:47 PM
giortire
User

Please disregard my previous post, as I found the answer in the owners manual of the Alpine ILX-107. I guess now they are being more open with their info.
Old 11-23-2018, 02:14 PM
911-2016
User

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Custom ALPINE Splash / Boot / Start screen with OEM Look Instructions

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: