Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Listened to Wilson Sasha's last night.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 07:25 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by atcbi5
Yes I have. The place that I bought my VTL amp ( Sound Components Miami Coral Gables) to drive my Magnepans 3.5 Ribbon speakers (sold 2006) had them. They had the Alexandria's and someone was listening to them. I was picking up a center channel for my system and I stayed around to hear them. Monsters they are in size but I don't have that type of money to spend on them. The sales person at the time told me to get better sound, I would have to jump in the $30K area with Wilsons to better my 3.5R's. My Focals are not cheap, I have two different sets. The 1008Be upstairs, 1028Be's downstairs with the matching Electra Subwoofer. The bookshelf with stands ran me $5600.00. The towers were $9500.00. The sub was $4500.00. The rest are in ceiling Focals not cheap either but I like quality stuff. I also had B&W 802's with the VTL MB-450's sold those also. No desire to buy any speaker or upgrade, Focals are it for me. Plus wife is had enough of speaker, amp, pre-amps, processors..etc. funny thing is she thinks that stuff is like $200.00 a piece! Talking about Wilsons, find out whom they get most of the drivers from? I will give you a clue, it's Focal! Look it up. They just changed out the tweeters they used to get from Focal (inverted dome aluminum) to a new supplier. Focal makes everything in house. Speakers, cones, furniture, the whole thing. I am passionate about Porsche and Focal.
Sound components still there ....... ?

One is architecture guys ..

Old 08-28-2012, 10:55 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

I just can't stand Dave Wilson and his snake oil rhetoric nature. Kind of a bull crap artist. Listen to that crap man!

Sound Components still there minus Wilson's don't know why. Guess they have to sell certain amount to be a dealer.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:21 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Dave's new speaker the Alexia , I bet he wants all of his press releases back ..

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexia_(condition)
Old 08-29-2012, 10:51 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by atcbi5
I just can't stand Dave Wilson and his snake oil rhetoric nature. Kind of a bull crap artist. Listen to that crap man!
at the end of the video, i'm sure he is talking about the 991.....
Old 08-29-2012, 01:14 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Old 08-30-2012, 01:20 AM
boxhead
Intermediate

Wilson built an empire on hype with the iconic Watt/Puppy and duped many other makers to copy them, all while the deaf and dumb keep coming back for upgrades. Don't Porschephiles do that too? Upgrade that is. Gee so many Porsche's for sale everywhere --they must suck OTOH, since Porsche uses Bose, it must be the shiz!! I'm so confused. I better go roll a toobie. Bomp-she-bomp!!
Old 08-30-2012, 09:46 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts
Talking

Guess should cut the company some slack. At least it's an American company creating and maintaining jobs here. I should not be saying bad things about them. If I got a pair of Sophias I guess I could at least take them apart and use the Corian and make me a wet bar?
Old 08-30-2012, 11:11 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

hahaha!

Quick Reply: Listened to Wilson Sasha's last night.