Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Are you using a music server?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 01:48 PM
PeteL
Got Nothin'
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I just read through this thread, and did not understand any of it....I have all my music in Mp3/Mp4 formats on a 2tb shared drive. I have a computer that is connected to my home stereo via audio out to RCA plugs. The Stereo is connected to 5 pairs of speaksers throughout the house.For the most part, I can use iTunes remote via my iPad to access and play my music.
I also can stream Pandora and music stored on my iTouch or iPad through an airport express that is also connected to the stereo.
None of this is elegant, and I hate iTunes but it works.
FWIW I also have a netger Mp101 music server.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:24 AM
TCR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ReQuest Audio in several rooms.

ReQuest has a built in sync tool that keeps each server's music sync'ed with the master unit.
Couldn't be easier to use; put a cd in the tray of the master and four minutes later is it on the hard drive.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:03 PM
mzn50
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Having owned
Levinson/Halcro and Wilson Speakers.. Im finding Im giving up the critical listening for the "Cloud"

Im a big sonos Fan and after testing Napster and others.. have signed up for RDIO.. 10-20million tracks for $9/mth.. Im told on avg they stream at 320K.. I have it hooked via my main system at home and at the cottage.. I love it.. totally controlled via my wifi with iPhone and iPad apps.. its the future.. you can also save the stream for off-line listening.. although you never own the music (aka as a CD) you buy the right to listen to the music ..as many times as u want... call it on demand music

Im still keeping my big system for the critical listening.. nothing to date can replace that ... for now

Matt

Quick Reply: Are you using a music server?