Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Bluetooth converstion for 997.1

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 08:16 PM
Joe Parsons
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth converstion for 997.1

I'm looking for the best option to get full Bluetooth capability in my 2005 997.1. I do have PCM installed, although I've never used it.

The only unit I know anything about is the Densien, but I'd like to know what other options are available to accomplish the same thing.

Thanks!
Old 10-23-2019, 08:24 PM
khare
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe Parsons
I'm looking for the best option to get full Bluetooth capability in my 2005 997.1. I do have PCM installed, although I've never used it.

The only unit I know anything about is the Densien, but I'd like to know what other options are available to accomplish the same thing.

Thanks!
If you are looking to install an aftermarket unit and replace the PCM unit in the car - there are units from Sony, Pioneer etc. that not only give you bluetooth but will give you CarPlay and android auto capability as well.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:01 PM
Joe Parsons
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did consider getting an aftermarket unit, but I want to keep the stock look. Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:50 PM
khare
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe Parsons
I did consider getting an aftermarket unit, but I want to keep the stock look. Thanks for the reply.
I have a 997.2 and I too did not want to replace the stock PCM in the car ... I used the board from this company and it works well for me.

https://www.joyeauto.com

I get wireless CarPlay in the stock unit.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:44 AM
bschurr
Racer

Received 159 Likes on 108 Posts
Default No Joyeauto for 997.1

I contacted joyeauto.com because I would like to upgrade the functionality in my 997.1 to include modern applications without replacement of the head unit and their reply was “so sorry tell you, our device CAN'T work for your car yet”

my search continues...

Quick Reply: Bluetooth converstion for 997.1