Sponsored by:

Gas Lid Locking Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 09:26 AM
BackNBlack997
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Lid Locking Issue

My gas lid will lock when the car is unlocked, and the lid will unlock when the car is locked. I'm pretty sure that is opposite of what it should be. Does anybody know a fix?
Old 07-07-2017, 12:08 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by BackNBlack997
My gas lid will lock when the car is unlocked, and the lid will unlock when the car is locked. I'm pretty sure that is opposite of what it should be. Does anybody know a fix?
You sure about this? It is quite at odds with the way it should normally work and I don't recall every coming across any other reports of this behavior.

The only gas lid issues I've had with my Porsches is with my Boxster when the plastic bushing the locking pin slides through came loose. I found it rolling around in the basin under the lid. Not realizing what it was I put it in the ash tray.

Some time after I noticed the lid was *not* locked when the car was locked. I opened the lid and worked the lock/unlock button and observed the locking pin moving/twitching a bit but not sliding out nearly far enough to engage the hole in the tab on the underside of the lid.

The light bulb went off over my head and I fetched the plastic piece and found out how it fits in the hole and slid it into the hole until it snapped into place. Afterwards when I worked the lock/unlock button the locking pin moved out and in a good amount and when out engaged the hole in the tab and locked the lid securely.

If with the lid open and you working the key button to lock/unlock the car and the pin actually moves out to lock the lid when you unlock the car and then retracts to unlock the lid when you lock the car I'm at a loss. About all I can recommend is you carefully follow the instructions on how to disconnect the battery and do this to cause a full "reset" of the car's electrical system.

After you reconnect the battery -- and do a reset of the window limits and an E-Gas calibration -- and the gas lid locking pin still manifests the wrong behavior that's I think something a Porsche tech will have to be involved in.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:58 PM
BackNBlack997
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll give the full reset a try. I haven't been able to find any specific fixes from my searches; most gas lid problems are similar to the one you mentioned.

Thanks
Old 07-08-2017, 12:17 PM
TxnBluDvl
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BackNBlack997
I'll give the full reset a try. I haven't been able to find any specific fixes from my searches; most gas lid problems are similar to the one you mentioned.

Thanks
If you end up needing to replace your current fuel door lock actuator to try and troubleshoot or fix this, I have a spare used one I can sell you. I ended up preventatively replacing mine when I was working on a few other components. It's still in perfect functioning shape.

PM me if you do.

Quick Reply: Gas Lid Locking Issue