Another "while I'm in there"...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 05:10 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 927 Likes on 566 Posts

Hey buddy. I spoke to the technician today about one of the corks on installing the clutch. They are all good and a really nice bunch of guys! Trust me it won't be too light LOL!

Thanks for all the kind words and it's a pleasure doing business with you as well as making a new friend!

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
Old 06-09-2017, 06:30 PM
Nate Tempest
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 70 Posts

When they got it apart the plastic coolant elbows were showing signs of some very slight leakage, so I'm going to go ahead and do the shark werks elbows and pinning as well. They inspected the water pump and said it appears to be in great shape. Will see if they can take a look at the pentosin pump/accumulator too. Also replacing the drive shaft gasket, which is apparently cracked, and flywheel which is within spec but does have a decent amount of twist and some scoring.

Starting to get expensive, but car should be rock solid when we're done!
Old 06-15-2017, 05:18 AM
Nate Tempest
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 70 Posts

Got the car back. Slight power loss I was sometimes getting between 4k and 5k in second gear seems to be gone, likely from the new plugs/coils. BBI slave with GT3 spring is definitely much stiffer, and also more precise. For me it's an improvement, but I certainly wouldn't want any stiffer, and wouldn't necessarily recommend it to everyone. Stuck with the stock DMFW, but replaced the one I had in there as it had some scoring and wiggle (within spec, but close). Pinned pipes, shark werks elbows, few misc things found while in there - most significantly replaced a cracked driveshaft flex disc, replaced RMS, re-gapped pulse sender (while everything's out it's a $25 fix, and should solve occasional high revs at startup).

Car should be good for a while! (Better be - all that cost more than a few cars I've owned!)

Quick Reply: Another "while I'm in there"...