Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fluid leak from passenger side turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 06:25 AM
Rat3d M
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bumping this up to see if anyone else has anymore input on the potential source of this leak. My next step is to get a boroscope as suggested and check the coolant lines individually for evidence of leaks.

My leak is getting worse so I'm getting desperate to sort this out and hoping it's just the turbo coolant lines. I would think if there was a leak from above there would be evidence of it dripping down? There is nothing above the turbo itself.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:02 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I'd pull that coolant line on the turbo and replace those o rings. Could just be a loose fitting too.....
Old 09-21-2017, 04:15 PM
yelcab
Three Wheelin'

Received 637 Likes on 397 Posts

I just went through this.

There is nothing above the turbo that leaks coolant. If the coolant is seen at the turbo in your case, then there are 2 lines where the coolant can leak from right at the turbo. Get 4 o rings, pull off the wheel, wheel liner, heat shield, and pull the coolant lines off to change them.

Be aware that you might have to pull 3-4 lines in total to get to the relevant coolant line. And if that is the case, you want to replace o rings for all those lines. Invent some 4 letter words, they can be a bitch
Old 09-22-2017, 07:15 AM
atm4jim
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I also just went through this and replaced all the O-rings from the passenger side turbo. Mine was leaking from the top coolant line and possibly also from the lower coolant line. The o-rings from the coolant lines were dried up and brittle. And yes, it was a pain to remove and lift up the fittings. I ended up using a small pry bar/screwdriver to lift them off.

Quick Reply: Fluid leak from passenger side turbo?