Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carmax 2011 TTS Deal of the Century

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 11:36 AM
eviligloo
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 73 Posts

Absolutely gorgeous. I was looking for a skittle colored car just like you a couple of years ago. I would've payed a premium for speed yellow, orange, guards red, etc. It takes forever to find these cars in something other than black, white, gray, or silver.

having no centerlock wheels is the icing on the cake.

Good luck with it and keep us posted! Better yet bring it to Katie's cars and coffee if you get it so I can see it.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:38 AM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by eviligloo
Absolutely gorgeous. I was looking for a skittle colored car just like you a couple of years ago. I would've payed a premium for speed yellow, orange, guards red, etc. It takes forever to find these cars in something other than black, white, gray, or silver.

having no centerlock wheels is the icing on the cake.

Good luck with it and keep us posted! Better yet bring it to Katie's cars and coffee if you get it so I can see it.
Is that the cars and coffee in Great Falls?
Old 03-07-2017, 11:43 AM
eviligloo
Pro

yep that's the one. i was going to go this saturday but of course the weather is going to be 32 degrees now rather than the 60 that was previously forecast.

I'm envious of what you found. I really wanted a speed yellow but in the year of searching I only found 2 and neither were in good condition.
Old 03-07-2017, 02:26 PM
ihtfp98
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, hope it works out. I bought an 09 997TT from them in January and it has worked out fine - feel free to DM if you have questions
Old 03-08-2017, 12:05 AM
centexsi
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't visit the 997 spot often but glad I did here - I live in Austin and frequent the Carmax there to buy cars wholesale (I'm a dealer). Was there today and caught this car out of the corner of my eye (I's a sucker for speed yellow, I've got a 996TT) so I went a checked it out pretty good. It has the paperwork on the dash that said it was sold and getting shipped out. It was unlocked so I sat in it and started it up - what a car! Was surprised to see the price so low for a Carmax car - I have a feeling someone missed something. My only pick on the car after a quick look over was an aging clear bra on the front and the painted wheels - not my thing. Loved the contrast stiching on the dash and the fact they used a steering wheel from the 991. Anyways, congrats on that car I think you got a deal!
Old 03-08-2017, 12:27 AM
estrellajon
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This is a great find with low miles, rare color, options at that price. Rough!? Eh that can be buffed out
Old 03-08-2017, 10:21 AM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by centexsi
I don't visit the 997 spot often but glad I did here - I live in Austin and frequent the Carmax there to buy cars wholesale (I'm a dealer). Was there today and caught this car out of the corner of my eye (I's a sucker for speed yellow, I've got a 996TT) so I went a checked it out pretty good. It has the paperwork on the dash that said it was sold and getting shipped out. It was unlocked so I sat in it and started it up - what a car! Was surprised to see the price so low for a Carmax car - I have a feeling someone missed something. My only pick on the car after a quick look over was an aging clear bra on the front and the painted wheels - not my thing. Loved the contrast stiching on the dash and the fact they used a steering wheel from the 991. Anyways, congrats on that car I think you got a deal!
Thank you for your post. I did not know it had a 991 steering wheel. I re-looked at the pictures and the steering wheel looks exactly like my 11 CTT with the Sport option. Did that style carry-over into the 991's? Also, the painted wheels were a factory option ordered with the car. I guess they're ok but I'll have to see them in person before I make a judgement. You're also the second person to mention the clear bra so that will probably have to be removed - it's a PITA to do but I did it on my 09 for the same reason, discoloration.

I've bought several cars from Carmax and have come to understand they don't value any upgrades or factor them in when they determine the selling price. IMO they only look at the current market, overall condition, mileage and what they have into it. Although I was in the thinking of selling my car phase when this one appeared I couldn't resist at the price and options and had it transferred. Time will tell if I buy it but I'm reasonably sure I will.

Last edited by 4ocious; 03-08-2017 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:44 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,550 Likes on 970 Posts

The Sport Design steering wheel from the 997.2 carried over to the 991.1. I've got the same wheel in my 991.1 TTS.
Attached Images  
Old 03-08-2017, 12:28 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ocious
Thank you for your post. I did not know it had a 991 steering wheel. I re-looked at the pictures and the steering wheel looks exactly like my 11 CTT with the Sport option. Did that style carry-over into the 991's? Also, the painted wheels were a factory option ordered with the car. I guess they're ok but I'll have to see them in person before I make a judgement. You're also the second person to mention the clear bra so that will probably have to be removed - it's a PITA to do but I did it on my 09 for the same reason, discoloration.

I've bought several cars from Carmax and have come to understand they don't value any upgrades or factor them in when they determine the selling price. IMO they only look at the current market, overall condition, mileage and what they have into it. Although I was in the thinking of selling my car phase when this one appeared I couldn't resist at the price and options and had it transferred. Time will tell if I buy it but I'm reasonably sure I will.
Send it back to Austin so I can buy it
Old 03-08-2017, 03:18 PM
o7silverturbo
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ocious
I've been thinking of selling my 09 TT Cab 6MT for a while so I've been monitoring Carmax. Yesterday I found a 2011 Speed Yellow fully optioned $183K MSRP TTS for sale in Austin, TX for $83K. It has 38K miles, it doen't have center locks (I didn't want them), no accidents, new tires and appears to be in excellent shape. So, I pulled the plug and I'm having it shipped to VA.

Carmax pictures are attached below. Yes, it does stand-out and yes it has a few miles but that's okay because if I buy it, I'll purchase their 5-year 125K mile warranty. But for $83K, IMO that's the Carmax deal of the century!

Anyone interested in a stock, pristine 2-owner 09 TT Cab 6MT with 25K miles?

Thoughts?

How much you looking to get for your car?
Old 03-08-2017, 05:41 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

perfectly optioned car. Even if it's a bit rough in some places, it looks worth it. Nothing you can't clean up
Old 03-09-2017, 01:11 AM
John Belk
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I can 100% vouch for 4ocious 09 997.1 TT, 6-Speed, Cab. I've driven the car and it's as clean and solid as a P-Car comes. I would highly recommend the car, but it's hard for me to beleive he's going to sell it. It's just that nice. JB
Old 03-09-2017, 02:22 AM
estrellajon
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I've seen this red cab in person. Clean and nicely optioned. The color looked so much better in person. I think it also has an exhaust IIRC
Old 03-09-2017, 03:05 AM
shneapfla
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John Belk
but it's hard for me to beleive he's going to sell it. It's just that nice. JB
I can believe, seeing the replacement!

GLWS
Old 03-09-2017, 10:16 AM
eviligloo
Pro

If you do buy this one I might be interested in swapping wheels if you didn't like these. I have the turbo II wheels but they aren't painted black. I've been thinking about getting black wheels for awhile to change the look of my car.

Quick Reply: Carmax 2011 TTS Deal of the Century