Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hergescheimer Imports - Orange County

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2017 | 12:09 AM
earossi
Burning Brakes

Default Hergescheimer Imports - Orange County

Has anyone had an experience with Hergescheimer, in Orange County, Calif? I was considering having them do a PPI on a 997tt that I am considering purchasing. The car's owner claims they are dishonest and have a bad reputation; and, for that reason he would never trust his car to them. He suggested several other shops, which I have talked to; however, Heergescheimer seemed to be a good fit for me. Comments would be appreciated.

Lastly, in Southern Calif, what should the cost range be for a PPI, without a compression or leak down test?

TIA
Old 01-28-2017 | 05:42 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

I have had quite a few PPI's done on various cars over the years and the PPI they did on a 996 TT was nothing more than amazing.

If you send me a PM and give me your email I will forward you the PPI and you can see for yourself how thorough they were with their inspection.

Having said that, they did charge $250 so make sure you are serious about buying the car.

Before I make the PPI appointment, I would definitely ask the owner questions about basic things that you think would be a deal breaker so that you don't waste time/money with the car.

Having a member look at the car is always a good idea.

I have nothing but GOOD words about them.

Hope that helps.
Old 01-28-2017 | 11:43 PM
earossi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by C2 Turbo
I have had quite a few PPI's done on various cars over the years and the PPI they did on a 996 TT was nothing more than amazing.

If you send me a PM and give me your email I will forward you the PPI and you can see for yourself how thorough they were with their inspection.

Having said that, they did charge $250 so make sure you are serious about buying the car.

Before I make the PPI appointment, I would definitely ask the owner questions about basic things that you think would be a deal breaker so that you don't waste time/money with the car.

Having a member look at the car is always a good idea.

I have nothing but GOOD words about them.

Hope that helps.
You have a PM.
Old 01-29-2017 | 07:59 AM
Bryan Misa
Intermediate

Hergescheimer performed a PPI on a car I decided not to buy. I am happy I used them. They also did some suspension work on a car I eventually bought too.I believe them to perform good work and be fair
Old 01-29-2017 | 10:43 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

They have a good reputation. Car owner sounds shady
Old 01-29-2017 | 06:51 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
They have a good reputation. Car owner sounds shady
^ is what, I am afraid of....
Old 01-30-2017 | 12:35 AM
thekid96
Rennlist Member

Much better odds the car seller is dishonest or shady than Hergesheimer. They've always been straight shooters for me.
Old 01-30-2017 | 03:04 PM
acf
Racer

I've had good experiences with Hergesheimer with my 997 Turbo. Good guys I'd say.
Old 01-30-2017 | 03:13 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

They have been around a long time and have a good rep in OC PCA circle.

I have visited their shop a few times to look at race cars they manage although never had them do work.
Old 01-30-2017 | 03:41 PM
TurnOne
Advanced

Sounds like the overwhelming consensus is that dealer is good. If the seller doesn't like them, I'd be questioning why.
Old 02-01-2017 | 12:58 PM
MidnightExpress
Intermediate

Default Ignore your seller

Hergesheimer in lake Forest is a great shop. Almost bought a 997 turbo from the owner and his son. They took me for test drive and even coordinated a third party PPI for me. Stayed at work 3 hours late for me to arrive to look at the car and gave me a full shop tour to myself and brother and friend. Ended up buying a car local to me in MD but can't say enough good things about them in Lake Forest

Quick Reply: Hergescheimer Imports - Orange County