Sponsored by:

Good experience with Fidelity

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 07:06 PM
johnbelk
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vettenomore
I think his point is that his tune will probably void his factory warranty and he would like to use the Fidelity warranty as a replacement. I know with corvettes, some people had luck with their dealerships working with them on warranties even with tunes while others refused to honor the warranty. Is it definite that Fidelity will warranty a car with a tune?
Bingo!!!

"Is it definite that Fidelity will warranty a car with a tune (and exhaust)?"

That is indeed the question? JB
Old 11-04-2016, 09:52 PM
Harry Da Hamster
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

They did on my serpentine belt and pulleys, and i have an exhaust and tune.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:30 PM
TTurboRoo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John, I actually did some very careful due diligence before replacing my stock exhaust with a Europipe. The exhaust is considered a consumable part like oil filters and the like, it is a replaceable part like your tires and not covered by warranty so it is not an issue for warranty. There is actually federal legislation out there protecting consumers from warranty denial due to replacement of consumable parts with non factory but commercially available alternatives. The tune is debatable and the only think I think makes sense there, is to enjoy your car and restore the factory tune before you car visits a dealership for anything?
Old 11-04-2016, 11:47 PM
johnbelk
Pro

Originally Posted by TTurboRoo
John, I actually did some very careful due diligence before replacing my stock exhaust with a Europipe. The exhaust is considered a consumable part like oil filters and the like, it is a replaceable part like your tires and not covered by warranty so it is not an issue for warranty. There is actually federal legislation out there protecting consumers from warranty denial due to replacement of consumable parts with non factory but commercially available alternatives. The tune is debatable and the only think I think makes sense there, is to enjoy your car and restore the factory tune before you car visits a dealership for anything?
Good Info...thanks.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:51 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by johnbelk
Bingo!!!

"Is it definite that Fidelity will warranty a car with a tune (and exhaust)?"

That is indeed the question? JB
They don't check for a tune, exhaust will not void a warranty. I wouldn't worry. Mine had a tune when I had the engine out service and they didn't even ask, also the tune has nothing to do with most faults. Of course that's not always the case, but at the end of the day the dealer/repair shop wants the work, they will work with you to get fidelity to pay.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:53 AM
Harry Da Hamster
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Harry Da Hamster
I was just about to post a positive review about Fidelity...

About a week ago, I was driving around town and noticed a thrashing noise suddenly come from the engine bay. It turns out one of the cords from the serpentine belt frayed. Porsche was only a few blocks away so i drove it directly to them. They confirmed the noise was coming from a frayed serpentine belt and a pulley could have caused premature wear of the belt. They reconfirmed this after the official inspection and that it'll cost $1800 to fix. Fidelity agreed to fix the entire thing, i pay the deductible.
Just wanted to keep everyone posted on my very first claim with Fidelity. I just picked up my car after said repairs. Repair total ended up at $1300, Fidelity paid $1050, i paid the $250 ded. Absolutely no hassles.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:31 PM
Ruskiy
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 130 Posts

How well does Fidelity work with specialized Porsche shops? Will they give me more trouble for not bringing it to dealership?

I never liked Dealerships, EVER. Nothing but issues whenever I go. New scratches, joy rides, etc etc. Because of my negtive experience the past decade I've been doing only specialized shops for either of my cars.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:03 PM
johnbelk
Pro

Originally Posted by Ibanezgod
They don't check for a tune, exhaust will not void a warranty. I wouldn't worry. Mine had a tune when I had the engine out service and they didn't even ask, also the tune has nothing to do with most faults. Of course that's not always the case, but at the end of the day the dealer/repair shop wants the work, they will work with you to get fidelity to pay.
Thank You! JB
Old 11-15-2016, 12:44 AM
Dinosaur
Track Day

Originally Posted by saabin
Last week I got in the car and noticed some pixels were out on my LCD near the speedo.. Ugh. (see pic)

I have a Fidelity Platinum policy and figured it should be covered..

Dropped it off at the dealer (and got a 2016 Cayenne as a loaner) and they worked directly w/ Fidelity to make the claim. An inspector had to come out and verify before they would authorize.

The only factory approved repair is to replace the entire instrument cluster.. Big $$ (Like over 3K)

I had always contemplated changing out my dials to the guards red ones.. perfect time now, eh? I asked the dealer about “upgrading” from the standard part to the red-gauge version.. They confirmed they could do this for the delta in cost of the two..

In parallel to this, I had researched getting my cluster repaired outside of the warranty, and also the cost of upgrading the gauges to red as well. The cost of the aftermarket upgrade was almost the same as the factory new replacement delta, so I decided to have the dealer do it with a factory part.

I now wait 8-10 weeks for the cluster to be built at which time I go back and they install it..

My first claim with Fidelity so far, glad I had the Platinum coverage..

Will post pics when I get it installed.

sorry but i need to ask since i don't see it....but which pixels are dead?
Old 11-15-2016, 01:10 AM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 352 Posts

Look just below the "h" in the "mph".

See the light spot that looks like a little bomb? THose are the dead pixels..

Since taking this picture 2 weeks ago, the dead pixels have spread to about 3 times the size of this picture.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:03 AM
Dinosaur
Track Day

Originally Posted by saabin
Look just below the "h" in the "mph".

See the light spot that looks like a little bomb? THose are the dead pixels..

Since taking this picture 2 weeks ago, the dead pixels have spread to about 3 times the size of this picture.
oh ok...thanks!

need to watch out for those too then.....i wonder how often these things happen....i know the BMW's are well known for their dead pixels....but first time i've seen on porsches...
Old 08-07-2017, 12:51 AM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Just to close the loop on this..

I got the cluster installed by the dealer a few months back.. took them a little while to get it programmed to match my original mileage.. AND they let me keep my original cluster, which was technically "working" as the pixel had "healed itself".. So I sold it as a working unit with a known bad pixel that was no longer showing for a fraction of what a new one cost..

Now I think all my interior mods with a touch of red are complete..

Happy with the "swap" :-)

Old 08-07-2017, 09:05 AM
USNA12
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

The red looks great!
Old 08-15-2017, 11:53 PM
Retinasurgeon
Advanced

Default Good experience with Fidelity

I have to say I have had a wonderful experience with Fidelity. I have the platinum coverage, and my MAF sensor needed replacing. The dealer went through Fidelity no hassles, just the 250 deductible. I think it is important what kind of relationship the dealer has with Fidelity and how it is presented by the service person. I am wondering if and indy shops have good experience with fidelity. Anyone use an indy shop for their fidelity repairs?
Old 08-16-2017, 12:32 AM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Retinasurgeon
I think it is important what kind of relationship the dealer has with Fidelity and how it is presented by the service person.
Agree with this, and my dealer was willing and able to work with Fidelity.. they even advised me to not "close out" the ticket since they were also replacing the door latch microswitch; this way I would only be charged a single deductible even though multipe repairs were made.

Quick Reply: Good experience with Fidelity