Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good experience with Fidelity

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 08:48 PM
TTurboRoo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, they paid for my tpms sensors six months after I bought my car and the ones that were replaced were not factory parts either.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:56 PM
TTurboRoo
Advanced

They will replace tpms sensors. They paid for mine after I had the car a few months and they paid for replacement of non factory sensors with the Porsche parts!
Old 11-04-2016, 03:11 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by cdnewton
Does he have the platinum plan? Seems like a lot of bad reviews come from those that didnt get the exclusionary policy. I dont see axle or axle bolt list as not covered!
The interesting thing is he has gold, not platinum, but they are citing an exclusion or definition in the platinum section which is not in the gold section. We'll see how this plays out.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:41 AM
Harry Da Hamster
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jcnesq
OTOH, a friend has his 997.1 C4 in the shop, I'm trying to help him. At my reco, he has Fidelity. Axle failed. Fidelity is saying it is due to a failed bolt, so not their problem, it wasn't the "covered" parts. I think this is BS. $4,200 bill. We'll see what I can do, I'll report back. (I only had one claim on my Fidelity Platinum so far, water pump, and they paid up no problems.)
Originally Posted by jcnesq
The interesting thing is he has gold, not platinum, but they are citing an exclusion or definition in the platinum section which is not in the gold section. We'll see how this plays out.
Which bolt failed? On the Fidelity website, the only mention of fasteners is for transmission/transaxle/engine INTERNAL components.

Last edited by Harry Da Hamster; 11-04-2016 at 01:59 PM.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:26 AM
johnbelk
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Playing with Fire?

My 2012 TTS was CPO'd and will continue to have the factory warranty for another 20 months or so...

I'm considering adding a Europipe and UMV Tune...but know full well if I damage the engine or PDK I could be placing the factory warranty at risk, when I take the car in...

Does buying a Fedelity Warranty as a supplement make sense...or am I in the same boat without a paddle?

Can anyone shed some light on this....? JB

Last edited by johnbelk; 11-04-2016 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Stuf
Old 11-04-2016, 09:51 AM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by johnbelk
Playing with Fire?

My 2012 TTS was CPO'd and will continue to have the factory warranty for another 20 months or so...

I'm considering adding a Europipe and UMV Tune...but know full well if I damage the engine or PDK I could be placing the factory warranty at risk, when I take the car in...

Does buying a Fedelity Warranty as a supplement make sense...or am I in the same boat without a paddle?

Can anyone shed some light on this....? JB
Not sure exactly what you are asking, but mods or not, having a Fidelity warranty while still under CPO would not make sense and would be a waste.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:17 AM
djillusion
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

i had about 10 months (or less) left on the my CPO and still opted for a fidelity plat (the warranties co-existed for that short time).

having the CPO inspection with clean bill of health was good enough for fidelity and i didn't need another PPI or similar. the lower miles (10K) made a difference with getting a 'lower' price quote from fidelity too.

CPO is now over, but i have yet to make any claim with fidelity either.

furthermore, if/when i sell the 997.2T, transferring the fidelity warranty to another private individual seems like a breeze, which is a major advantage.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:18 AM
vettenomore
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by saabin
Not sure exactly what you are asking, but mods or not, having a Fidelity warranty while still under CPO would not make sense and would be a waste.

I think his point is that his tune will probably void his factory warranty and he would like to use the Fidelity warranty as a replacement. I know with corvettes, some people had luck with their dealerships working with them on warranties even with tunes while others refused to honor the warranty. Is it definite that Fidelity will warranty a car with a tune?
Old 11-04-2016, 11:04 AM
Ruskiy
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 130 Posts

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly is Fidelity PPI? BMW dealer I bought this warranty front just looked at the car from outside their office, had me sign on a dotted line and that's all she wrote. Car is immaculate so I guess that was enough for them?

Originally Posted by djillusion
i had about 10 months (or less) left on the my CPO and still opted for a fidelity plat (the warranties co-existed for that short time).

having the CPO inspection with clean bill of health was good enough for fidelity and i didn't need another PPI or similar. the lower miles (10K) made a difference with getting a 'lower' price quote from fidelity too.

CPO is now over, but i have yet to make any claim with fidelity either.

furthermore, if/when i sell the 997.2T, transferring the fidelity warranty to another private individual seems like a breeze, which is a major advantage.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:21 AM
vettenomore
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have to say that I'm still on the fence regarding aftermarket warranties in general and Fidelity specifically. I am glad to see several posts on this forum that have had good experiences with Fidelity. However, even a cursory review of online complaints about this company shows a lot of unpaid claims and unsatisfied customers. And that seems to be the trend among these types of warranties. I understand the important difference of choosing an exclusionary warranty but still seems to be a lot of people that are unhappy with results. I'm not a wealthy guy by any stretch, but I can come up with $5 - $10k if needed and I'm still leaning toward self-insurance. I happen to have an appointment today to get an oil change at a local well-respected indie shop and I think I'll see if they have any experience with aftermarket warranties. I'm always willing to change my mind on this but I need a little more info at this point.
Old 11-04-2016, 01:34 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

wow awesome!! i want yellow! I believe the Gold Plus covers the electrical as well. Platinum is for BT and other things most 997.1s come with.
Old 11-04-2016, 01:50 PM
djillusion
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruskiy
If you don't mind me asking, what exactly is Fidelity PPI? BMW dealer I bought this warranty front just looked at the car from outside their office, had me sign on a dotted line and that's all she wrote. Car is immaculate so I guess that was enough for them?
No worries. Essentially, when I was researching after-market warranties post CPO, majority of them, including dealers selling Fidelity, wanted a service visit / comb over / PPI that would showcase the condition of the car. I don't recall if this push was more-so since I was only considering the Plat coverage.

My assumption from their end was probably: if the car had a ton of miles or came back with items that needed to be addressed, the after-market warranty cost would be higher and/or the numbers of years and/or the deductible could have been difference.

I didnt have any interest in doing this, though many were pressing for it (of course, I figured another avenue for them to charge me or something).

I used the CPO documentation as the substitute since Porsche would not have CPO'ed the car if there was a ton of pre-existing conditions, etc. But to your point with only 10K miles and the car being in near-new condition, it wasnt that much of a total concern.
Old 11-04-2016, 01:58 PM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by djillusion
No worries. Essentially, when I was researching after-market warranties post CPO, majority of them, including dealers selling Fidelity, wanted a service visit / comb over / PPI that would showcase the condition of the car. I don't recall if this push was more-so since I was only considering the Plat coverage.

My assumption from their end was probably: if the car had a ton of miles or came back with items that needed to be addressed, the after-market warranty cost would be higher and/or the numbers of years and/or the deductible could have been difference.

I didnt have any interest in doing this, though many were pressing for it (of course, I figured another avenue for them to charge me or something).

I used the CPO documentation as the substitute since Porsche would not have CPO'ed the car if there was a ton of pre-existing conditions, etc. But to your point with only 10K miles and the car being in near-new condition, it wasnt that much of a total concern.
Yeah if you are still under CPO you will want to get the policy in place before it expires.. otherwise you need an "inspection" (what my local dealer called it) which is essentially an oil change at almost $300 before they will write the policy..
Old 11-04-2016, 02:10 PM
Harry Da Hamster
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by vettenomore
I have to say that I'm still on the fence regarding aftermarket warranties in general and Fidelity specifically. I am glad to see several posts on this forum that have had good experiences with Fidelity. However, even a cursory review of online complaints about this company shows a lot of unpaid claims and unsatisfied customers. And that seems to be the trend among these types of warranties. I understand the important difference of choosing an exclusionary warranty but still seems to be a lot of people that are unhappy with results. I'm not a wealthy guy by any stretch, but I can come up with $5 - $10k if needed and I'm still leaning toward self-insurance. I happen to have an appointment today to get an oil change at a local well-respected indie shop and I think I'll see if they have any experience with aftermarket warranties. I'm always willing to change my mind on this but I need a little more info at this point.
People are more inclined to post about bad experiences, frivolous claims, or their own misunderstandings about their coverage. Scroll up to the jcnesq's post about the denied claim because or a broken bolt. There's no specifics about the situation (we have no clue which bolt he's referring to and what exactly is broken), he's a third party reporting the issue, and Fidelity Gold plan does not cover external fasteners.
Old 11-04-2016, 03:09 PM
cdnewton
Advanced

Definitely buy before cpo expires. Will save you money. My car was out of warranty and dealerships ranged from wouldnt write the policy at all to had to pay for ppi up to $800 for inspection (at a very well none Porsche dealersip in Houston).

Agree about bad reviews. They sell a lot of base warranty on cheap cars and people expect it to cover everything including wear and tear. I consider it catastrophic coverage and if they cover the small items it is a bonus.

Quick Reply: Good experience with Fidelity