Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 TURBO TIPTRONIC STEERING WHEEL UPGRADE ( PADDLES )

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2016 | 07:15 AM
royeley
1st Gear

Default 997 TURBO TIPTRONIC STEERING WHEEL UPGRADE ( PADDLES )

I have now made two successful steering wheel upgrades for 997 turbos using beautifully designed paddles. The are "molded" directly into the current steering wheel and work perfectly. I am considering offering this service for other owners as a hobby/business if their is enough interest? The work takes around a week and is done on your existing steering wheel. I can offer collection of your steering wheel and delivery back to you supply and fitment of the "shifters" and other resistors/electronics and a 6 month warranty on them. The shifters are from a BMW M6 (and other models) but need some seriously technical / electrical adaption to work. I am a qualified Mechanical engineer and as stated the finished product is tested now and working excellently on two separate cars. You will receive the wheel back with ALL the functions on the face working as before, including the "thumb" shifters and radio controls etc. All that's needed from you is to take your wheel off (instruction provided) and to refit on its return which involves linking into the wiring loom (instructions provided).

I have a couple of images of the steering wheel from the front and i will take some more of the rear view if their is interest via private mail.

The shifters range (depending on who I purchase them from at the time) from £250-£300, then there is my time and other electrical components that are needed. I can offer this full service for £600 including collection and delivery. I can also offer a "loan" steering wheel for the interim period for an additional £25 (this includes the postage both ways as it would be extra cost to me). As for the difference in the drive, trust me, once you have tried your car with paddles, you will not want it any other way. for those interested email me on royeley@hotmail.co.uk and i can send you more pictures and a link to the car being driven and the paddles being used.

Quick Reply: 997 TURBO TIPTRONIC STEERING WHEEL UPGRADE ( PADDLES )