Sponsored by:

Rear spoiler leak

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 05:09 PM
Ni_Mo
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Rear spoiler leak

Hi guys, I've tried searching through threads & haven't found any specific information on what I'm looking for.
Does anyone who has repaired their hydraulic system for the spoiler know the size - internal & external diameter - of the copper washers? I've got a slight leak from the banjo bolt.
I want to get all the parts together before I take it apart.
Thanks
Old 07-08-2016, 12:32 AM
estrellajon
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ni_Mo
Hi guys, I've tried searching through threads & haven't found any specific information on what I'm looking for. Does anyone who has repaired their hydraulic system for the spoiler know the size - internal & external diameter - of the copper washers? I've got a slight leak from the banjo bolt. I want to get all the parts together before I take it apart. Thanks
You need exactly 12mm OD x 8mm ID x 1.5mm thickness or 1mm
Old 07-08-2016, 03:38 AM
Ni_Mo
Racer

Originally Posted by estrellajon
Thank you!!
Old 07-08-2016, 09:38 PM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

a man with some experience! you saved me from measuring one from the pile of hydraulic parts in my shop.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:31 AM
Ni_Mo
Racer

Originally Posted by DaveCarrera4
a man with some experience! you saved me from measuring one from the pile of hydraulic parts in my shop.
I'll see if this stops the leak Dave, otherwise I'll be contacting you soon for your electric kit
Old 07-10-2016, 12:27 PM
estrellajon
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ni_Mo
I'll see if this stops the leak Dave, otherwise I'll be contacting you soon for your electric kit
Probably won't since a lot of the issues is internal due to bad design. Mine worked for a bit but now inconsistent

Only two options to fix and utilize wing functionality. Rebuild/new system or electric kit.
Old 07-10-2016, 11:33 PM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Probably won't since a lot of the issues is internal due to bad design. Mine worked for a bit but now inconsistent Only two options to fix and utilize wing functionality. Rebuild/new system or electric kit.
of course I'm biased, but the hydraulic system and really the whole design is a mess. Only way to permanently fix it is with the eRam Kit.
Old 07-16-2016, 05:59 PM
Ni_Mo
Racer

Just out of interest, has anyone used stat-o-seals or dowty seals instead of the copper washers?

Last edited by Ni_Mo; 07-19-2016 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-16-2016, 11:43 PM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveCarrera4
of course I'm biased, but the hydraulic system and really the whole design is a mess. Only way to permanently fix it is with the eRam Kit.
RennKit makes an amazing system...will be going down this route soon with their 4" lift system, Dave is Porsche enthusiast just like us.

Manuel

Last edited by BOOSTED TTS; 07-17-2016 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:32 PM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BOOSTED TTS
Rennet makes an amazing system...will be going down this route soon with their 4" lift system, Dave is Porsche enthusiast just like us. Manuel
I think it's called RennKit.
Old 08-05-2016, 09:11 AM
Ni_Mo
Racer

I've been trying to find a stat-o-seal or a bonded seal with the dimensions given by estrellajon, however, it's not been easy. The closest I have come to size is according to the chart I've attached.
DaveCarrera4 will one of these work with the hydraulic system, as I have seen there are no updated seals that have the exact dimensions of ID:8mm OD:12mm.
Thanks
Attached Images  
Old 08-05-2016, 10:42 AM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Looks like an interesting idea, but I would first check chemical compatibility with the Pentosin PS fluid. Second, if the rubber swells or extrudes into the banjo bolt holes it will plug the system. I suppose the copper crush washers are the best solution. Since no type of Loctite or similar product can be used, all owners of OEM hydraulic systems should torque the banjo bolts at the ends of the rams and at the hydraulic plunger pump (4 bolts) on a regular basis as they can loosen from vibration. Once any is loose, the hydraulic fluid can leak out, then it becomes an exercise of trying to refill it and balance the system again.

Quick Reply: Rear spoiler leak