Sponsored by:

UMW Tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 02:37 PM
USNA12
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by usrodeo4
As a Florida boy I can so not relate...I would put a bullet in my head if I had to live under the stifling nanny state. Just curious about your fuel options though, does Cali not allow E85 fuel? Fyi, here in Florida we have 93 and E85 (though in limited locations) and have no vehicle inspections whatsoever and though there are State regulations saying you have to run cats and decibel restrictions, in reality I have never been checked by any Law enforcement that has ever stopped me. Perhaps a full race V8 with open headers would get some attention but anything short of that is ignored. I ran my BMW S1000RR with full open Inconel headers and no cat and she sounded like a NASCAR at idle and an F1 car up around 14,000 rpm and I was stopped by the Police more than once for being too frisky and the exhaust wasn't even looked at and my P car is decatted with Inconel Kline racing exhaust. On the down side we do have those pesky hurricanes.
I got in trouble on base in Pensacola for my titanium shorty full exhaust for my S1000RR back in 2014 haha.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:39 PM
Bskyoon
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by usrodeo4
As a Florida boy I can so not relate...I would put a bullet in my head if I had to live under the stifling nanny state. Just curious about your fuel options though, does Cali not allow E85 fuel? Fyi, here in Florida we have 93 and E85 (though in limited locations) and have no vehicle inspections whatsoever and though there are State regulations saying you have to run cats and decibel restrictions, in reality I have never been checked by any Law enforcement that has ever stopped me. Perhaps a full race V8 with open headers would get some attention but anything short of that is ignored. I ran my BMW S1000RR with full open Inconel headers and no cat and she sounded like a NASCAR at idle and an F1 car up around 14,000 rpm and I was stopped by the Police more than once for being too frisky and the exhaust wasn't even looked at and my P car is decatted with Inconel Kline racing exhaust. On the down side we do have those pesky hurricanes.
Could not agree more. On one hand Florida is fast becoming the new armpit of America but you can't beat the roads, the weather, and the lack of restrictions.

Quick Reply: UMW Tune