Sponsored by:

997 Turbo GT2RS build

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 05:17 AM
iSysman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 512bb
I wish I had that kind of money, this looks awesome and in particular I would love to get the front fenders to look that way on mine! Actually, I love the whole damn car!

Gorgeous.
Thanks! It certainly is a labour of love.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:55 AM
Rexman100
Intermediate

Glad you brought your build over to rennslist. I've thouroughly enjoyed following all 25 pages your quest on 911UK. Fantastic car and eye for detail! I recommend to everyone a great read.
One upgrade I've been wanting is the PCM 3. I have 2.1 w sattelite radio and Denison unit but I'm still obsessed w the PCM3 conversion. Where is the states would you suggest I get the required parts: pcm3, amp, wiring loom, Psm switch bar, air compressor switch etc. I was told one would need a later model vin to obtain the the PCM3 from a dealer ? And what I consider the biggest challenge is the coding, how did you get around that hurdle?
Old 03-22-2016, 06:32 AM
iSysman
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rexman100
Glad you brought your build over to rennslist. I've thouroughly enjoyed following all 25 pages your quest on 911UK. Fantastic car and eye for detail! I recommend to everyone a great read.
One upgrade I've been wanting is the PCM 3. I have 2.1 w sattelite radio and Denison unit but I'm still obsessed w the PCM3 conversion. Where is the states would you suggest I get the required parts: pcm3, amp, wiring loom, Psm switch bar, air compressor switch etc. I was told one would need a later model vin to obtain the the PCM3 from a dealer ? And what I consider the biggest challenge is the coding, how did you get around that hurdle?
Hi, thanks for the comments.

To buy the PCM from Porsche, yes they are funny about it and require you to own a model of car that came with it or is in that model range. I actually bought mine from the US. I bought mine on ebay. It was new as well, removed from a new car. I also bought the amp from the same person. They pop up often on ebay.com.

You also need a small loom for behind the PCM, these can also be bought on ebay. It's called a quadlock loom. This needs to be completely retired however as does the amp wiring. This job is not for the faint of heart.

The codes can be purchased from a third party as Porsche will not sell you them. shr4ll@gmail.com Will sell you them. You can trust him as he's supplied a few of us with the codes. Cost me $600 for four codes for satnav, Bluetooth, iPod & USB. You need to give him your vin number to generate them. Then once everything is fitted you need to take your car to Porsche and have them install those codes.

You can see the full install here.
http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=974...=asc&start=180
Old 03-22-2016, 07:38 PM
Rexman100
Intermediate

Sent you a pm

Originally Posted by iSysman
Hi, thanks for the comments.

To buy the PCM from Porsche, yes they are funny about it and require you to own a model of car that came with it or is in that model range. I actually bought mine from the US. I bought mine on ebay. It was new as well, removed from a new car. I also bought the amp from the same person. They pop up often on ebay.com.

You also need a small loom for behind the PCM, these can also be bought on ebay. It's called a quadlock loom. This needs to be completely retired however as does the amp wiring. This job is not for the faint of heart.

The codes can be purchased from a third party as Porsche will not sell you them. shr4ll@gmail.com Will sell you them. You can trust him as he's supplied a few of us with the codes. Cost me $600 for four codes for satnav, Bluetooth, iPod & USB. You need to give him your vin number to generate them. Then once everything is fitted you need to take your car to Porsche and have them install those codes.

You can see the full install here.
http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=974...=asc&start=180
Old 03-22-2016, 08:18 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 512bb
I wish I had that kind of money, this looks awesome and in particular I would love to get the front fenders to look that way on mine! Actually, I love the whole damn car!

Gorgeous.
stop being modest, we know you have the funds

OP great build. that is stunning, makes me want to get the GT2 side air intakes... I think I can afford those lol.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:44 PM
iSysman
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ibanezgod

OP great build. that is stunning, makes me want to get the GT2 side air intakes... I think I can afford those lol.
Thanks, exciting times for my build. I just bought the last pieces for the front end conversion (lower winglets for bumper) so I'm just waiting now for Monday when my car goes in for the build.
Old 03-23-2016, 03:54 PM
iSysman
Advanced

So today I decided to go through everything to make sure I have all the parts needed ready for the next phase. I quickly decided it would be interesting to see everything laid out in order to see just how much new stuff is going on the car. The car is going in on Monday to Road & Race, but as yet I have no idea how long they will need. I have a feeling it's going to be a couple of weeks. I'm hoping to get access whilst they are working on the car and maybe be able to film or at least get some stills of the process.

I also added a clip of the car in that carpark accelerating away, which was fun. I was in there for a photo shoot for my car as I'm doing another article for SuperCar Driver magazine.

Last edited by iSysman; 05-10-2017 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:11 PM
512bb
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Ibanezgod

Rut Roh, I am busted :-)
Old 03-24-2016, 05:42 PM
Rexman100
Intermediate

Isysman, , were you ever able to get the ac compressor and heater working with the 2009 997.2 ac control bar?
Old 03-26-2016, 10:52 AM
iSysman
Advanced

Isysman, , were you ever able to get the ac compressor and heater working with the 2009 997.2 ac control bar?
It's interesting you mention that. There is a group of us working on it from all over the UK and we had contact from someone who says he put his car in to a technician somewhere outside of the UK and he has managed to get it working. We are waiting for details from the guy. IF it does indeed work we will get the details and try to replicate it on our cars. It's potentially exciting news.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:22 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Just when I was giving up on coming on here and having to read thru garbage posts, you came along and added complete merit to this site! Thanks man! You have Instagram, would love to follow?
Old 03-26-2016, 04:10 PM
iSysman
Advanced

Originally Posted by atcbi5
Just when I was giving up on coming on here and having to read thru garbage posts, you came along and added complete merit to this site! Thanks man! You have Instagram, would love to follow?
Wow that's quite a compliment, thanks. And I'm glad you like the thread.
Old 03-27-2016, 02:48 AM
Rexman100
Intermediate

That is exciting ! Please do share if and when you get it sorted. Would using the 997.1 ac control (factory painted black) be an option or would it not integrate w/ pcm3?

Originally Posted by iSysman
It's interesting you mention that. There is a group of us working on it from all over the UK and we had contact from someone who says he put his car in to a technician somewhere outside of the UK and he has managed to get it working. We are waiting for details from the guy. IF it does indeed work we will get the details and try to replicate it on our cars. It's potentially exciting news.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:39 AM
iSysman
Advanced

That is exciting ! Please do share if and when you get it sorted. Would using the 997.1 ac control (factory painted black) be an option or would it not integrate w/ pcm3?
You could do this and it will work 100%. For me I couldn't live with that, it needs to be done properly.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:30 PM
Rexman100
Intermediate

No kidding you wouldnt have anything to do w/ less than perfect. I'm sure a qualified AC repair shop can sort something out pretty quickly. Did your PCM c/w XM Radio? Having that installed would be icing on the cake!

Quick Reply: 997 Turbo GT2RS build