Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 145 and 157 MPH run

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 12:37 PM
mpiffaretti
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts

Since I cannot see the speedometer, or recognize the location as within the US, I don't see any incriminating evidence.
As for the speed, its kinda like having a one night stand without a rubber, with the rush of adrenaline you minimize the risk and trust everything should be ok, but there's always a chance it may not..
I agree its better to push the car in controlled environments, but, I don't know of many tracks that have a straight long enough to allow a TT to stretch its legs to 160 or 180 MPH, perhaps the Mulsanne.
That being said, I have done it once when I first got the car in a lonely stretch of Everglades road to 160MPH. I will never forget the rush, but since I am very aware of the risks I probably wouldn't do it again though.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:53 PM
Fatbro
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mpiffaretti
I will never forget the rush, but since I am very aware of the risks I probably wouldn't do it again though.
I actually agree. I will probably never do it again. One of those moments where I wanted to push the limits. I'm happy with the result and I don't have any reason to push them further.

I do however want to make some videos of some back roads with multiple go pros.

I also want to hit the 1/4 mile track here and the Hallet raceway. It will be on my schedule for 2016 for sure.
Old 12-20-2015, 10:45 AM
shadow993
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbro
I actually agree. I will probably never do it again. One of those moments where I wanted to push the limits. I'm happy with the result and I don't have any reason to push them further. I do however want to make some videos of some back roads with multiple go pros. I also want to hit the 1/4 mile track here and the Hallet raceway. It will be on my schedule for 2016 for sure.

You will do it again!!! As soon as you add a performance device and find an open road. As long as it's open and just you... No harm no foul.

I got let off doing 72 in a 40. It was a 3 lane road , early in the morning, and nobody was out. I stopped immediately, rolled the windows down , hand on the wheel, said I was sorry, and asked to retrieve ID and insurance. We actually both laughed after my warning.

But if I had a GoPro .... Boom ticket!
Old 12-20-2015, 11:39 AM
Tmistry
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by mpiffaretti
As for the speed, its kinda like having a one night stand without a rubber, with the rush of adrenaline you minimize the risk and trust everything should be ok, but there's always a chance it may not...
And similar to the above, a gentleman will never tell and never brag.
Old 12-20-2015, 06:27 PM
NephroC4S
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbro

I also want to hit the 1/4 mile track here and the Hallet raceway. It will be on my schedule for 2016 for sure.
Fatbro, if you are at Mayfast next year at Hallett will see you on the track. I did a 1:24.5 earlier this year in my TT so looking forward to testing out the new ride! Always a blast along with Oktoberfast

Quick Reply: My 145 and 157 MPH run