Sponsored by:

Interested in this car

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2015 | 07:04 AM
Michael Everson
Rennlist Member

Default Interested in this car

http://www.bmwofwarwick.com/detail-2...-14275455.html

Interested in this car. What would be a fair price? anything to watch out for?
Also forgive my ignorance. Are all turbos twin turbos on these?
Are all 2007 911 turbos all wheel drive?
Thanks Mike
Old 10-18-2015 | 08:30 AM
estrellajon
Burning Brakes

Yes to all your questions
Old 10-18-2015 | 09:49 AM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Morning Mike,

Having bought/owned & sold an '07, here are some of my tips.

1)- Check the car with a paint meter or have them do a paint meter reading making sure there are no surprises. Yes Porsche dealers have been known to shaft us the consumers when and where ever possible.

2)- History records.

3)- Make sure car has had it's 30K service done (plugs and fluid changes)

4)- Make sure the tires/TPMS are updated

5)- Get them to run you an Over rev data (ECU scan) where it tells you if the car has had any over revs

6)- Ask them if they would CPO the car for you. If they would, then the chances are, car is in good shape or else there's a problem.

Price wise, I would say low 70's.

Hope that helps
Old 10-18-2015 | 09:54 AM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by C2 Turbo
Morning Mike,

1)- Check the car with a paint meter or have them do a paint meter reading making sure there are no surprises. Yes Porsche dealers have been known to shaft us the consumers when and where ever possible.

2)- History records.

5)- Get them to run you an Over rev data (ECU scan) where it tells you if the car has had any over revs

6)- Ask them if they would CPO the car for you. If they would, then the chances are, car is in good shape or else there's a problem.

Hope that helps
good advice. but it's a BMW dealer, so would they CPO the car same as a porsche dealer?
Old 10-18-2015 | 10:07 AM
Greg Lab
Racer

Notice the yellow brake calipers Mike? They are PCCB's ( carbon fiber brakes), which is a wonderful option for street, performance in braking is as much of a thrill as the turbos provide it acceleration, but very costly to maintain if you intend to track it. The red calipers are standard iron rotors and are better for track. You will pay a little more for the PCCB option on a used car.
Old 10-18-2015 | 10:10 AM
Greg Lab
Racer

This is a nice car from a fellow RL'er. Like PCA members, RL'er's generally take great care of their cars...

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...rbo-997-a.html
Old 10-18-2015 | 10:19 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Confused by the ad. If it's a red car, why are most of the pictures of a black car?

Exterior Color:
Red
Old 10-18-2015 | 10:51 AM
Dstutler
Pro

I think the dealership pulled the pictures from a new car add. Looks a little to staged.
Old 10-18-2015 | 10:54 AM
Greg Lab
Racer

+1
Old 10-18-2015 | 11:34 AM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Staged professional advertising pictures that do not show the actual car for sale. It's advertised as a 6MT but they show a Tip and the car is way too clean for 44K miles. I don't know what is going on here but I would NOT do anything until the seller posts actual pictures and a detailed description of the car.
Old 10-18-2015 | 02:44 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

You can have the dealer get you an aftermarket drivetrain warranty, most dealers have a few co they work with routinely.
Old 10-18-2015 | 03:19 PM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by C2 Turbo
Morning Mike,

2)- History records.

Hope that helps
Echoing prior sentiments - this is great advice. An informed buyer should be willing to pay a healthy premium for a car with these items addressed, versus one without (both for the hard-dollar costs, but also because I think it signals something about the prior owner). Lot's of 997.1's running around without these maintenance items, many of which are both time and usage-driven, and the new owner will be starring down the barrel of several thousand in repairs. I found the dealer market to be completely inefficient in pricing these things in - they don't ask when they buy, any so discovery when you PPI is a surprise to them, too, and they're not willing to adjust price downward (and take a loss, or just less profit) when it becomes evident that the car needs thousands in maintenance - they'd rather just wait for the next fool to come along. I walked on two cars over this.

To the list, I would add water pump, clutch slave, and rear spoiler repairs as common problems that, if not already addressed, may become your problem.
Old 10-18-2015 | 08:36 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

what car?

Quick Reply: Interested in this car