Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 544 Likes on 314 Posts
Default BBI Porsche 997.2 Turbo Inconel Exhaust Manifolds

BBI Porsche 997.2 Turbo Inconel Exhaust Manifolds
Now In Stock & Ready to Ship!!!

(Click on images for higher resolution)

Utilizing exotic materials and advanced manufacturing techniques, the latest BBi Porsche 997.2 Turbo exhaust manifold is made from Inconel 625 using an investment casting process and features optimized equal exhaust runner lengths and true spiked merge collectors. This zero-compromise exhaust system utilizes the highest level of engineering and quality of materials typically reserved for top tier level motorsports.

Design & Performance Gains

The factory headers on the 997.2 Turbo suffers from a bottleneck in the system that we have completely eliminated with our Inconel exhaust manifolds. To improve upon the factory headers, we applied proven fundamental theories, 3D Modeling and Computational Fluid Dynamics software to design our merge collectors. This scientific approach has enabled us to engineer optimum tube lengths and tube volume. The true spiked merge collector design combines high flow and high velocity that raises the engine's torque curve while the equal length runners provide evenly-spaced exhaust pulses to the turbine. The thick Inconel material also provides excellent heat retention characteristics, allowing more exhaust energy to be directed to the turbo. As a result, performance gains will be seen everywhere throughout the power curve and turbo lag will be substantially reduced while transient response is greatly improved. This equals quicker boost response and more torque from lower revs. In the mid-range and top end, you can expect big horsepower gains thanks to a more efficient system and less boost taper.

Inconel 625 Super Alloy vs Stainless Steel

Where cost is no object, BBi chose Inconel 625 nickel-based super alloy as a material of choice rather than stainless steel for its extraordinary properties. It's superior thermal fatigue strength, anti-corrosion and heat resistance properties makes it the most desirable material for extreme applications such as gas turbine blades and nuclear reactor components. For high performance turbo applications, exhaust gas temperatures (EGT) can exceed 1400° F, which is beyond the service temperatures of many grades of stainless steel. This leaves Inconel 625 as the ideal choice of material and its benefits fully justify the higher costs. Inconel retains 75% of its room temperature strength at 1200f, and be able to withstand temperatures in excess of 1,800 degrees while also offering half the coefficient of thermal expansion compared to stainless steel. Unlike stainless steel, it will be able withstand extreme temperature changes without expanding, contracting, creeping, or cracking. For these reasons, Inconel is the best suited material for exhaust systems while traditional stainless headers using thin walled tubing welded together are prone to failure.

Investment vs Sand Casting

To produce our complex design, advanced manufacturing techniques are required. BBi opted to use the investment casting process to manufacture the BBI Inconel Exhaust Manifolds instead of the sand casting process. In comparison to sand casting, investment casting is a much more expensive and slower manufacturing process that is only used for low-volume production where higher tolerances and intricate designs are required. Moreover, investment casting provides reliable process controls and repeatability that are maintained from casting to casting to ensure total quality control. As a result, investment casting provides the design freedom to cast complex shapes for optimum flow and achieve the smoothest runners.

These manifolds are a great bolt-on addition to any build, whether you’re keeping your stock turbos or building an engine producing quadruple digit HP figures. This is the last manifold you will ever need, period. Confident that they are immensely strong and resilient, BBI offers a lifetime warranty on the manifolds to the original purchaser against defects or failure.

Key Features:
  • Increases horsepower and torque output throughout the power curve
  • Approximately 14 horsepower peak gains
  • Improves transient response and reduce turbo lag
  • 3D spiked merge collectors
  • Optimized equal exhaust runner lengths
  • Inconel 625 alloy
  • Manufactured using investment casting process
  • Exceptional strength, corrosion and heat resistance properties
  • Available in both OEM 3 bolt and V-Band configuration
  • Designed with 3D Modeling & Computational Fluid Dynamics software
  • Made in USA
  • Lifetime Warranty

To place an order, or or all questions and inquiries, please email Jerry@BBiAutosport.com or Sales@BBiAutosport.com

International shipping is available and wholesale inquiries are welcomed. BBi Autosport products are also available worldwide through our growing dealer network in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and Pacific. BBi Autosport is always actively working to expand our dealer network worldwide to grow the distribution of our products and better serve our growing client base.

About BBi Autosport

BBi Autosport was founded in the summer of 2005 with the mission of bringing artistry and craft to the Porsche tuning industry. With over 30 years of combined motorsport history, BBi’s operation is truly unique. Racing traditions run deep here at BBi Autosport. As the company's founder and technical director, Betim Berisha has worked in Racing for many years at prestigious events like the 24 Hours of Lemans and 24 Hours of Daytona. First for Fordhal Motorsport working on their GT3RS and Saleen S7 in ALMS and Grand Am series, Alex Job Racing on their ALMS GT3RSR, J3 Racing working on their GT3RSR and then Porsche Motorsports North America as their dyno tech an supporting Porsche teams at ALMS, Grand Am, Speed World Challenge events. Sharing the same passions, most of BBi's support and shop staff have also previously worked for other motorsport programs. Being a one-stop shop, BBi Autosport is equipped to offer everything from hand-built hard goods to championship-winning GT3 Cup Cars.

For up to date information of current shop activities, projects, and product releases, please follow us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts:

https://www.instagram.com/bbiautosport
https://www.facebook.com/BBIAutosport

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram
Old 09-11-2015, 04:18 PM
ecpchris
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Can't wait until I see these in person (on my car)
Old 09-11-2015, 11:59 PM
4flynlow
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

What do they cost installed on a 2011 TTS?
Old 09-12-2015, 10:33 AM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Talk to me about the sound. I need more sound! I run your exhaust, but wouldn't mind some more noise, I currently wake up only half the neighborhood and I would like to extent that radius.

Regards,
Philip
Old 09-15-2015, 10:26 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ecpchris
Can't wait until I see these in person (on my car)
We are too! Your car is coming along great here!

Originally Posted by 4flynlow
What do they cost installed on a 2011 TTS?
PM Sent

Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
Talk to me about the sound. I need more sound! I run your exhaust, but wouldn't mind some more noise, I currently wake up only half the neighborhood and I would like to extent that radius.

Regards,
Philip
Philip, we would love to get you a set. We have one in stock. Please shoot me and Betim an email to sales@bbiautosport.com

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com
Old 09-16-2015, 01:29 AM
ru'
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Want!
Old 09-16-2015, 10:49 AM
ecpchris
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ru'
Want!
What are you waiting for?
Old 09-16-2015, 11:12 AM
ru'
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I promised I wouldn't mod this car, plus I don't know any garage I'd trust out here. Apart from that...
Old 09-16-2015, 11:14 AM
ecpchris
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ru'
I promised I wouldn't mod this car, plus I don't know any garage I'd trust out here. Apart from that...
Famous last words.... haha
Old 09-16-2015, 02:49 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ru'
Our dealer network is growing worldwide. If anyone needs assistance with finding an installation facility, please let us know!

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com
Old 09-16-2015, 03:05 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Here are some pictures of the manifold on our "Project Apollo" 4 Liter Porsche 997.2 Turbo S

BBi "Project Apollo" 997.2 Turbo S

BBi 4.0 Liter Porsche 9A1 Engine Rotating Assembly Kit

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BBI Porsche 997.2 Turbo Inconel Exhaust Manifolds