997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Bold Endeavour : advice appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015 | 04:02 PM
triplenet
Pro

Waze + Radar + don't go over say 10 mph over the speed limit ..

Have fun - think about me when you hit that 2nd 1000 mile day .... LOL

Enjoy the car !!!

Last edited by triplenet; 09-12-2015 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-14-2015 | 10:38 PM
Jake_s
AutoX

Default An update

So - 4200 Km down, 600 to go. Car was pretty outstanding up until this afternoon - it does have a clear bra thankfully as we did about 1000 km over chip-seal asphalt. I was more worried about the tires but they're fine. Today we stopped for gas and the car started spewing AC refrigerant out of a pin hole in the passenger side condenser - probably caught an unlucky pebble. The green stuff stained the clear bra fluorescent green so now I look like I'm driving a 911 turbo sponsored by monster energy drink. Because we were in the middle of nowhere I turned off the AC tried to patch the hole with (what else) chewing gum, and made it to a city. Porsche dealership was pretty useless - wouldn't see the car for three days so am hoping to find a radiator shop or something in the morning that can at least stop the leak so I can get back home to work.
Otherwise lots of fun times.
Old 09-14-2015 | 11:07 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jake_s
So - 4200 Km down, 600 to go. Car was pretty outstanding up until this afternoon - it does have a clear bra thankfully as we did about 1000 km over chip-seal asphalt. I was more worried about the tires but they're fine. Today we stopped for gas and the car started spewing AC refrigerant out of a pin hole in the passenger side condenser - probably caught an unlucky pebble. The green stuff stained the clear bra fluorescent green so now I look like I'm driving a 911 turbo sponsored by monster energy drink. Because we were in the middle of nowhere I turned off the AC tried to patch the hole with (what else) chewing gum, and made it to a city. Porsche dealership was pretty useless - wouldn't see the car for three days so am hoping to find a radiator shop or something in the morning that can at least stop the leak so I can get back home to work.
Otherwise lots of fun times.
Wow, that is quite the story. Sorry to hear that happened. You'd think the Porsche dealer would have put aside what they were doing to "help a brother out". They would have great "press" on Rennlist for their goodwill, as well. Can't wait to see your pics.
Old 09-14-2015 | 11:12 PM
Jake_s
AutoX

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
Wow, that is quite the story. Sorry to hear that happened. You'd think the Porsche dealer would have put aside what they were doing to "help a brother out". They would have great "press" on Rennlist for their goodwill, as well. Can't wait to see your pics.
Oh sorry - not the QC dealer - the Ottawa dealer.
Old 09-15-2015 | 12:16 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Sorry to hear that, be careful there is a radiator in each front fender right behind the AC condenser.
Try some jb weld compound as well, available any parts store.

Quick Reply: A Bold Endeavour : advice appreciated