Old 08-24-2015, 05:16 PM
longboarder
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by kchu221
Hi Adam!
Hey! What are you driving now?

Originally Posted by Greg Lab
Beautiful car! Have fun with it. I know your's is modded, but I came across this (below) on ************. Seems you got a good car to start from! For me, bone stock, even for a few hundred feet on the street, DFI and PDK, boom, like a missile! Porsche never ceases to amaze.

Wow. Quite simply, wow. Talk about a car that just right out of the box impresses. Close to mid 10's and 130 in a stock car, incredible. The 997.2 Turbo S simply is a epic achievement. The launch control and PDK transmission clearly help as a 1.58 60 foot is mind boggling for a stock car on street rubber. The launch control system works and works very damn well. The result using it is a 10.672@129.80 for what is a new stock 997 Turbo 1/4 mile record
Hi Greg, that must be someone else's 997.2 as I have only been to the drag strip modded. First time with a GIAC tune and IPD plenum, and then went back again with intercoolers, exhaust, Y pipe, meth and a new set of R888 tires. Made a nice difference!

Originally Posted by Ibanezgod
Jezzzzzus OP you murdered that SLS black!
haha love how he jumped too. Imagine was thinking something like this..."ok if I jump a little on the start I may beat him to the finish line" lol
Old 08-24-2015, 05:41 PM
Greg Lab
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=longboarder;12534163]Hey! What are you driving now?

Hi Greg, that must be someone else's 997.2 as I have only been to the drag strip modded. First time with a GIAC tune and IPD plenum, and then went back again with intercoolers, exhaust, Y pipe, meth and a new set of R888 tires. Made a nice difference!

Yes, it was someone elses car, bone stock. I saw it on the website ************. Pretty funny, the guy got home, and thought he had the wrong ticket, it was so quick. I think he went back to exchange it to the other guy in a hot rod mustang, but was pleasantly surprised it was his...
Old 08-24-2015, 06:04 PM
longboarder
Pro

Originally Posted by Greg Lab

Yes, it was someone elses car, bone stock. I saw it on the website ************. Pretty funny, the guy got home, and thought he had the wrong ticket, it was so quick. I think he went back to exchange it to the other guy in a hot rod mustang, but was pleasantly surprised it was his...
Ok cool we do a bunch of acceleration events here in SoCal if you are interested let me know. There are a couple airstrip events coming up October/November time frame and it would be great to have you out there. Your car will do very well for stock. You will beat a lot of modded cars for sure particularly is anyone is naive enough to want to race you from a dig. Although most races do a rolling start.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:07 PM
Greg Lab
Racer

cool, I will PM you...
Old 08-25-2015, 01:06 PM
kchu221
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by longboarder
Hey! What are you driving now?

im still driving the gt3 right now, but toying with the idea of selling it...
Old 08-25-2015, 01:14 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

we need airstrip events like this in the NE.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:41 AM
bill8411
Rennlist Member

Welcome!

So you never sold her? Were you close w a good offer to you?
Old 08-26-2015, 11:17 AM
longboarder
Pro

Originally Posted by bill8411
Welcome!

So you never sold her? Were you close w a good offer to you?
Hi thx. No I never put her up for sale. Got to take a 991 Turbo S for a long test drive and the got to drive another one with the factory aero kit through the canyons and ended up liking mine better.

Ended up to be a good move as I had mistakenly thought the 991 had more potential (much higher capacity fuel system) but those insane 1/4 mile times/traps ended up being fake coming out of the Middle East.

My car is set to go to GIAC soon for some R&D on the fuel system to see what's possible on the stock turbos, motor and pdk.

Quick Reply: New Member 997.2 Turbo S Modded Up