engine light code 7213 and stalling ... 09' 997TT

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 12:07 PM
altesporsche
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine light code 7213 and stalling ... 09' 997TT

Hey guys,

Having a bit of an issue with my car. ive been away for almost two months and had my car out for a run yesterday and today and whenever i get off the gas it will stall ... also seems to be not making boost .. hitting less than 9psi on the gauge and feels as if its lagging like someone tossed an anchor out after i should be feeling a surge form the turbos lol
I had a Kline exhaust installed when I was home last time with 100 Cel cats and im not sure if the lack on back pressure is causing the dip in idle when off the gas or not ...
Now it gets sticky ... i have had this code twice in the last day .. 7213 VALVE LIFT CONTROL- ONE BANK IN WRONG LIFT VALUE BELOW LOWER LIMITS

also get a lot of "IMPLAUSIBLE SIGNAL" codes at random since the engine was out for coolant line pinning .. some of the implausible code have been 5212, 9510, 9510 ...

they seems to be causing nothing but the stalling has me worried and the lack of boost .. seems as if I have a boost leak maybe ? as for the VALVE lift control.. ive read everything from a bad O2 to low oil levels or backpressure diffrence between banks .. i dont suppose one of my 100cel cats has melted in 2000kms lol also some have said its from a bad tune but im not sure my car has been tuned before .. thought it would explain the over rev numbers...

I have a FVD tune I was going to flash today but i want to know what this issue is before I flash.

any ideas ???

Cheers !
Clet
Old 07-17-2015, 12:42 PM
Felix_Kline
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi Altesporsche

There are a few possibilities I can think of. It could be a problem with the VGT actuator, it’s a pretty common problem that the vanes get stuck, and the turbo wont spool past a certain level.

Its possible, (although unlikely) to be a cat failiure, where the catalyst is blocking the turbos from spooling, this is pretty easy to check visually, and we will of course warranty the cat for you free of charge if this is the case.

There are some other possibilities, but feel free to email myself and christian felix@kline-innovation.com christian@kline-innovation.com, to discuss in more detail, and we can strive to help you to diagnose and fix the situation
Old 07-17-2015, 01:04 PM
altesporsche
Instructor

Hey Felix, thanks for the reply I really appreciate your offer for help and ill take you up on that but I just want to be sure this is related to exhaust first before I waste your time with it... but of course if you have has experience with this sort of problem then by all means i appreciate the help.. in the mean time ill email you with any findings I have with the few things im going to check today.

Cheers !
Clet
Old 07-17-2015, 05:03 PM
Felix_Kline
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

No worries.
Usually a catalyst failiure would bring up post cat O2 sensor errors. to date we have had a couple catalyst failures, out of some 500 Porsche turbo systems sold, so its very rare.

Anyhow, we feel that customer support can go beyond just warrantying a system, so anything we can do to help. feel free to drop us an email or a call anytime!

Last edited by Felix_Kline; 07-20-2015 at 04:24 AM.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:52 AM
altesporsche
Instructor

Thanks Felix top ! notch customer service for offering your help ! amazing quality exhaust by the way and it sounds orgasmic on my car lol

Im thinking the issue of lack of power/boost is a boost leak and i have read that these codes can be kicked out with boost leaks though i'm not really sure what lift timing has to do with boost lol but im still learning the 997tt systems

right now my car is struggling to make 5 psi of boost and just feels like its falling on its face after it should be pulling hard... I think i need to remove the bumper and make sure all of the boost lines are tight.. I also noticed there was a loud hissing the first day i had it out when i was pushing it hard.. so this is telling me i do have a boost leak somewhere.. I have a set of Forge boost recerc valves so ill toss them in as well while im at it at ill be loading the FVD tune this week once this is all sorted out.

Quick Reply: engine light code 7213 and stalling ... 09' 997TT