Sponsored by:

NR Auto GT2 RS Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 05:35 PM
nrauto
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NR Auto GT2 RS Kit

Change the look of your 997T/C4S to the GT2 RS with our FRP bumpers reinforced with carbon fiber for added strength. Front bumper includes OE GT2 grills and GT2 RS lower spoiler. Rear bumper requires using 997.2 tail lights (we can modify the rear bumper to accommodate the 997.1 tail lights). Non-Turbo 997 models will require using our OE look daytime running light/turn signals. Carbon fiber options available for the rear bumper and GT2 wing gurney (small blade at end of large wing). GT2 RS air intakes in the quarter panels are not included in the kit, however is an option.

nrauto.com
info@nrauto.com

Last edited by nrauto; 07-14-2015 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:53 PM
Doc V.
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Check the rennlist.com guidelines. As a user, you cannot solicit business.

https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist...ist-posts.html
Old 07-13-2015, 08:15 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Strong first post. LOL!
Old 07-13-2015, 10:13 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How well do these parts fit? Are they oem fit out of the box or is it one of those deals where it's molded out of plastic in China and a body shop has to wrestle with it for a week to get a half way decent "but still not OEM" quality fit?

By the way, for the uninitiated this is the dirty little secret of the majority of the aftermarket parts suppliers. They fabricate parts that still require meaningful time and money at a body shop before they fit, and even at that point it's hit or miss in terms of the final fit and finish.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:33 PM
hernamegretchen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aa909
How well do these parts fit? Are they oem fit out of the box or is it one of those deals where it's molded out of plastic in China and a body shop has to wrestle with it for a week to get a half way decent "but still not OEM" quality fit?

By the way, for the uninitiated this is the dirty little secret of the majority of the aftermarket parts suppliers. They fabricate parts that still require meaningful time and money at a body shop before they fit, and even at that point it's hit or miss in terms of the final fit and finish.
Second this.
Old 07-14-2015, 01:12 PM
nrauto
6th Gear

We have sold over 10 of these kits. Not one complaint. Parts are made out of German grade FRP. These parts fit very well. There may need to be minimal modification, that is all.
Old 07-14-2015, 02:45 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Originally Posted by nrauto
We have sold over 10 of these kits. Not one complaint. Parts are made out of German grade FRP. These parts fit very well. There may need to be minimal modification, that is all.
Meh. I remember my Vorsteiner bumper saga on the M3, total crap, and that was with a big vendor as well. They all have fitment issues, it's all about your tolerance level, mine is low when it comes to these prices.

BTW, you really should get your sponsorship account set up and squared away otherwise this thread will disappear soon.
Old 07-14-2015, 03:06 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

gotta pay to play OP
Old 07-14-2015, 05:50 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
Meh. I remember my Vorsteiner bumper saga on the M3, total crap, and that was with a big vendor as well. They all have fitment issues, it's all about your tolerance level, mine is low when it comes to these prices.

BTW, you really should get your sponsorship account set up and squared away otherwise this thread will disappear soon.
It's ironic that all these vendors hide behind the "professional installation recommended" fine print, but few if any step up and tell customers that modifications are required at a body shop prior to ordering. they know that 90% of folks will just pay up and have the body shop wrestle with it instead of returning the part for a refund. Hence the OP's claims.

But at the end of the day you get what you pay for. For an OEM GT2 wing you're in for >$10K. For one of these aftermarket pieces you're compromising quality, reliability and fit for price. I speak from experience, these vacuum formed plastic parts are sheeeeeeet in terms of quality. But this is a trade off many are willing to make, I just wish the vendors were more forthcoming and honest about what is involved vs pushing short terms sales. Lots of folks have no idea what they're getting into when they order these parts.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:26 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Been there done that. Forget it stick with OEM.

"Minimal modification" !!!!!! Please define.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:57 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

It's ironic that all these vendors hide behind the "professional installation recommended" fine print, but few if any step up and tell customers that modifications are required at a body shop prior to ordering. they know that 90% of folks will just pay up and have the body shop wrestle with it instead of returning the part for a refund. Hence the OP's claims.

But at the end of the day you get what you pay for. For an OEM GT2 wing you're in for >$10K. For one of these aftermarket pieces you're compromising quality, reliability and fit for price. I speak from experience, these vacuum formed plastic parts are sheeeeeeet in terms of quality. But this is a trade off many are willing to make, I just wish the vendors were more forthcoming and honest about what is involved vs pushing short terms sales. Lots of folks have no idea what they're getting into when they order these parts.
+1. Agreed.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:58 PM
nrauto
6th Gear

NR Automobile Accessories has been in business since 1986. There are many reasons for this. The most important one is that we are built off of integrity, not scamming people. All of our products do not require nearly as much fit and finish as some other parts might. Obviously after-market parts will not have the same fit as OE, however our parts get as close as it gets. I understand you are upset by the money you wasted with another vendor and have the mentality that each vendor is the same.

NR Auto
Old 07-14-2015, 07:42 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by nrauto
NR Automobile Accessories has been in business since 1986. There are many reasons for this. The most important one is that we are built off of integrity, not scamming people. All of our products do not require nearly as much fit and finish as some other parts might. Obviously after-market parts will not have the same fit as OE, however our parts get as close as it gets. I understand you are upset by the money you wasted with another vendor and have the mentality that each vendor is the same.

NR Auto
LMAO!! Defensive much? Please show me where I said I wasted money? I've ordered similar parts from other vendors, seen their quality and what it takes to install them from a body shop. Then I've either returned them for a full refund or had the vendor pay for all the body shop work because they misrepresented (misled) in terms of the quality and fit/finish.

Now let's get back to NR Auto. You claim "minimal" modifications but you don't elaborate. Specifically define what you mean by minimal? How much time and money should a customer expect to spend fitting your parts bumpers and deck lids?

It's easy to make claims but do you stand behind them? Will you take back a part that doesn't meet a customer's expectations after its been "modified" or will you point to the body shop and blame them?
Old 07-14-2015, 09:06 PM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

I can't imagine putting fiberglass (even "carbon fiber impregnated" fiberglass) on any car. I tried to do that once. Just once, and never again. To each their own, I reckon.

These are the times I miss Speed21

Quick Reply: NR Auto GT2 RS Kit