Modern Porsche master mechanic recommendation for Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 03:09 PM
etepman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modern Porsche master mechanic recommendation for Los Angeles

Hello guys
Just bought a 2011 Turbo S (thank you U OLD DOG, you are my Porsche Godfather), she is coming from Houston, I have not met her, but already smitten. Looking for a place to take good care of her. I know of a few shops who are experts at air cooled ones…but these newer TTS have so much advanced technology going on, I think I need to find an expert who specializes in the modern ones. Any suggestions on person/shop/or a way to select one in San Fernando Valley part of Los Angeles? Or greater Los Angeles? Thank you!

P.S. Thank you all so much, because of Rennlist turbo community, not only I got this car, but got top shelf advice on shipping, financing, PPI, etc. Could not do this without your support. Thank you!!!
Attached Images  
Old 05-21-2015, 04:49 PM
Lve2xlr8
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats on the car, beautiful! Also live in LA and just got one myself. I took the car to dealer for a major service, but it would be great to know of a reputable Indy in the area.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:10 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 889 Likes on 585 Posts

Tony Callas of Callas Motorsports in Torrance.
he can sort all things P car
914 to modern Turbo S
Old 05-21-2015, 05:42 PM
etepman
Advanced

Originally Posted by Lve2xlr8
Congrats on the car, beautiful! Also live in LA and just got one myself. I took the car to dealer for a major service, but it would be great to know of a reputable Indy in the area.
Congratulations! Unless I get a good tip, I'll probably end up taking it to Auto Gallery in Woodland Hills... but would love to find an Indy...
Old 05-21-2015, 05:44 PM
etepman
Advanced

Originally Posted by Lve2xlr8
Originally Posted by cgfen
Tony Callas of Callas Motorsports in Torrance.
he can sort all things P car
914 to modern Turbo S
Thank you VERY much for the suggestion...he is over 35 miles away from me...but if I strike out, he'll be my man. Thank you again!
Old 05-26-2015, 03:25 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I can't recommend an indy, but the head tech at Downtown L.A. Porsche (Dennis) is truly one of the finest in the country, and I've heard that from many sources including regional Porsche management, not just my own experience. I've known him for >20 years, he's an enthusiast, and I consider him a friend (we've hung out at various Porsche events). While I know dealerships are usually more expensive, I wouldn't trust anyone other than him and any extra cost is worth it to me. Will make a call to introduce you if you wish (I am also very close to all of management at the dealership).
Old 05-26-2015, 03:33 AM
rayng
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jcnesq
I can't recommend an indy, but the head tech at Downtown L.A. Porsche (Dennis) is truly one of the finest in the country, and I've heard that from many sources. I've known him for >20 years, he's an enthusiast, and I consider him a friend (we've hung out at various Porsche events). While I know dealerships are usually more expensive, I wouldn't trust anyone other than him and any extra cost is worth it to me.
All I can say is I used to take my car to Dennis. I would not do so again. PM me for details if you like.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:31 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

http://www.lucentmotor.com
Old 05-26-2015, 02:41 PM
etepman
Advanced

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Wow! Just checked out their website...also not too bad for the Valley person. Thank you VERY much!
Old 05-26-2015, 02:42 PM
etepman
Advanced

Originally Posted by jcnesq
I can't recommend an indy, but the head tech at Downtown L.A. Porsche (Dennis) is truly one of the finest in the country, and I've heard that from many sources including regional Porsche management, not just my own experience. I've known him for >20 years, he's an enthusiast, and I consider him a friend (we've hung out at various Porsche events). While I know dealerships are usually more expensive, I wouldn't trust anyone other than him and any extra cost is worth it to me. Will make a call to introduce you if you wish (I am also very close to all of management at the dealership).
Thank you VERY much! I am in the Valley, so hoping for someone closer, but if strike out then quality will override commute considerations. Thank you!
Old 05-26-2015, 06:41 PM
Craig T.
Racer

Dan Aspesi of Speed Gallery in North Hollywood, knows these cars inside and out. He even races a 997 Turbo converted to a pure race car.

http://thespeedgallery.com
Old 05-26-2015, 07:02 PM
etepman
Advanced

Originally Posted by Craig T.
Dan Aspesi of Speed Gallery in North Hollywood, knows these cars inside and out. He even races a 997 Turbo converted to a pure race car.

http://thespeedgallery.com
Brilliant! Thank you! This would work well geography wise, thank you!

Quick Reply: Modern Porsche master mechanic recommendation for Los Angeles