Sponsored by:

Broken Spoiler? Electric Rams Beta Tester Needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 02:55 AM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robhamster
Dave, Good to see you made progress on the 997 solution. The repair on the hydraulics on my car are still working, but I am looking to you to come up with the permanent repair. Let me know if you need anything.
hi Rob. Best way to get this working was a complete redesign. I took the best of the 996 turbo eRam Kit and threw in some nice refinements for the 997 TT eRam Kit. Did you see my new website? Pretty proud of it. Will send your Indy the kit info once done.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:41 AM
RJKflyer
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It all looks very well executed. I do have a couple of questions, which are related to your apparent offer of increased deployment heights:

1. The factory spoiler deploys to different heights for the coupé and cabriolet, to take account of different aerodynamics and CofG
2. The apparently larger 'gap' with the (fixed) aerokit spolier is complemented by a modified front splitter unit to ensure that the aero balance is correct - i.e. it avoids front end lift at high speed.

Have you established a sound basis for deviating from factory deployment heights? I'm not sure I'd want to find the wrong answer at 180mph...!
Old 12-04-2015, 08:33 AM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by RJKflyer
It all looks very well executed. I do have a couple of questions, which are related to your apparent offer of increased deployment heights:

1. The factory spoiler deploys to different heights for the coupé and cabriolet, to take account of different aerodynamics and CofG
2. The apparently larger 'gap' with the (fixed) aerokit spolier is complemented by a modified front splitter unit to ensure that the aero balance is correct - i.e. it avoids front end lift at high speed.

Have you established a sound basis for deviating from factory deployment heights? I'm not sure I'd want to find the wrong answer at 180mph...!
Great question! The factory goes to different aerodynamics and wing heights in effect when they go to a GT2 or GT3 wing. Have you seen all the various and sundry bolt on wing kits out there? But to answer for my product, I don't have access to a wind tunnel, that would be the best place to run testing. Lots of high speed testing at the track by me and several customers. Take a look at the testimonials for more info.
Old 12-06-2015, 12:49 PM
Atrox
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RJKflyer

At 180mph spoiler height being a little less or a little more than factory specs seems a mute point. With all the aftermarket spoiler options this seems to be the best "stock look upgrade".
Old 12-11-2015, 07:15 AM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

It's a big week - the first true 997 TT eRam prototype kit was sent out to my friend Rob for fitment. Fingers crossed!!

Last edited by DaveCarrera4; 02-25-2018 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:38 AM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Default 997 TT eRam Kit is READY!

Finally the 997 TT eRam kit is READY! It took a long time and there were some design challenges along the way, but with the dedicated and generous help of a forum member from Oklahoma, WE DID IT! I'm so proud of this kit. It is a true upgrade from the 996TT kit. Here is a sneak peek: http://rennkit.com/product-info/997-turbo-eram-kit-2/
Now I need some beta testers. I will offer a one time discount for owners to install the eRam kit in exchange for pictures, feedback, suggestions on improvements, etc. Let me know if you are interested.
Attached Images   
Old 01-09-2016, 01:22 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks great, nice job.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:05 PM
rob.boost
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a great kit. Dave has spent a lot of time refining it with a lot of back and forth making sure that things fit properly. What I like is that the E-Ram design keeps all of the OEM functionality without worrying about leaks. The construction and parts used are top grade, you can tell there was a lot of thought behind longevity and simplicity in mind.

I have sent a lot of photo's and instructions to Dave on what it took to install the system. I would have to say that from start to finish, even being very detailed and picky, it should take no more than 2 hours or less once things are more refined.

To sum things up, I do not make any type of profit on these kits. My car only has 22k miles and never had any issues with my OEM hydraulics failing or leaking. What I saw was someone very passionate about the 996/997 turbo platform, and I wanted to help out. Dave doesn't mess around with something unless it is being done right, and I appreciate that.

If anyone is thinking about Beta Testing this kit, I wouldn't hesitate. To me I consider this an investment much like the coolant pipe fix.
Old 01-10-2016, 04:17 AM
heliflyer
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm in for beta testing - have sent you a message via your web site.
I'm based in France so shipping not the easiest perhaps, however it may present you an opportunity for some exposure in Europe.
I am not far from Le Mans and there are several Porsche clubs / outlets nearby.
Regards
Jay
Old 01-10-2016, 07:41 AM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by heliflyer
I'm in for beta testing - have sent you a message via your web site. I'm based in France so shipping not the easiest perhaps, however it may present you an opportunity for some exposure in Europe. I am not far from Le Mans and there are several Porsche clubs / outlets nearby. Regards Jay
I can come over mid-June to help you install it. Ha ha. I am excited to have an eRam Kit in France!
Old 01-17-2016, 05:28 PM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

2 beta tester eRam kits left: http://rennkit.com/product-info/997-turbo-eram-kit-2/
Old 02-15-2016, 06:31 PM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Can anybody confirm that the 997.2 turbo rear spoiler mechanism is the same as the 997.1? What about the 991 turbo rear spoiler mechanism? One guy mentioned it might be a servo motor.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:26 PM
estrellajon
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Great Alternative! The OEM hydraulics are how much?
Old 03-22-2016, 08:47 AM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by estrellajon
Great Alternative! The OEM hydraulics are how much?
around $2800 without installation. Makes eRams a no-brainier. :-)
Old 03-22-2016, 07:41 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

very cool, GLW everything. Hoping i never need this kit though

Quick Reply: Broken Spoiler? Electric Rams Beta Tester Needed