Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015 | 10:05 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by speed21
LOL! Why not bring it up! You need to get your story straight! Here is the thread,https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turb...e-exhaust.html I think you may need to read it before blaming others about the length and content. I was but only one of many posters there completely bewildered with your approach.....bit like this thread actually. Same **** different thread one may say.
I even told you on three separate occasions to buy the Kline inconel (not an EP) as did other posters there. You were the main one banging on and on and on about europipe and putting up god knows how many soundclips and other elaborate commentary on the system. I was wondering if were you on the payroll lol. Ridiculous! And still no sign of any system least of the all the inconel you were asked to buy.

So should I fly to Romania and beat on Christian's door so he makes it faster? It takes time. 2-3 weeks they said.

Oh god here we go page 4. I'm getting trapped again. Nope not happening. This is my last reply. Good night sir.
Old 02-09-2015 | 10:10 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by jem7v
So should I fly to Romania and beat on Christian's door so he makes it faster? It takes time. 2-3 weeks they said.

Oh god here we go page 4. I'm getting trapped again. Nope not happening. This is my last reply. Good night sir.

LOL!!! Something tells me this is one deal Kline's wished to god they never got involved with. I wonder if the poor guy has any hair left
Old 02-09-2015 | 11:41 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Cut him a bit of slack. He is learning. Jumping down his throat just makes us all appear as jerks. Keep it cool.
Old 02-10-2015 | 12:26 AM
Doc V.
Racer

Originally Posted by jem7v
Attachment 909977No one found any holes. All they said were get proper tires, alignment, go to a driving class for the car.

check, check, check. I will do all of them. No problem.
You're still underestimating the significance of driver training, jem7v. A "driving class" won't be sufficient. Your claim that you've driven many different types of high performance cars is immaterial, as is your admission that you've always taken steps to modify your cars' suspensions. You'll certainly take a "driving class" in the future, you state, but you still intend to "improve the car till it is to [your] satisfaction, and it's as simple as that." In other words, the Turbo S has suspension flaws which you can detect, although ironically you concede that you may not be driving it effectively.

The more that you modify your car to have it match your driving profile, the more you extend its potential beyond your current driving skill set. You might succeed at making some improvements to the car, but your ability to manage the car will remain unchanged--in which case your driving skills will be even more inconsistent with the car's potential.

The single biggest improvement that you can make to your car involves developing the car's most significant component--the driver, and driver development requires commitment which extends well beyond a "driving class."
Pay for an alignment (to stock specifications) and for a set of summer tires; any additional money that you intend to invest in the car's suspension would be more wisely invested in extensive and extended driver development.
Old 02-10-2015 | 01:11 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by Bonster
Cut him a bit of slack. He is learning. Jumping down his throat just makes us all appear as jerks. Keep it cool.
I hear you but I don't see myself or anyone here as "jumping down OP's throat" least of endeavoring to stifle the flow of information for him to "learn".

Unfortunately problems and questions tend to arise where an individual seeks advice on a subject only to later contradict themselves, becoming unnecessarily defensive when sound advice is offered which clearly doesn't suit their liking. Same thing when someone posts misinformation and expects that misinformation to remain unchallenged for the sake of "keeping the peace". I've seen occasions where that has happened and that misinformation sits out there for an eternity as a trap for others to fall into.

Re this particular topic regarding alignments and the hows/whys there is plenty of good info if OP cares to search. But, is he prepared to take the advice he so requests? Or, will he continue to tirelessly post the same questions rehashed until he receives an answer that suits what he wants to hear? Rhetorical question....sorry.
Old 02-10-2015 | 12:49 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Okay. It seems like now is a good time to shut this thread down. All of the info the OP needs is contained herein and he/she can easily access the thread later if needed. Thanks everybody for helping.

Jem ... I hope the next time we hear from you it will be of absolute ecstasy regarding your beautiful car. Enjoy the ride!

Quick Reply: Suspension upgrades