Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: How much would you pay extra for turbo s to GT2 RS conversion
$0
61.90%
$5,000
0%
$10,000
9.52%
$15,000
9.52%
$20,000
0%
$25,000
0%
$30,000 (Full Price of the conversion)
19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

How much would you pay for a GT2 RS conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014 | 12:50 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Default How much would you pay for a GT2 RS conversion?

How much would you pay extra for a turbo s that was converted to a GT2 RS?

Assume the exterior mods are all OEM except maybe a replica wing (since OEM wing is 10k for whatever reason).

Maybe a BBI/akrapovic exhaust or OEM akrapovic titanium exhaust.

Cobb tune to 620hp. Or if the tune is a deal breaker post what you would pay with or without it.
Old 12-20-2014 | 02:28 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

I take it you are looking for a logical answer and not an emotional answer?
Old 12-20-2014 | 02:53 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Igooz
I take it you are looking for a logical answer and not an emotional answer?
Can they be separated? lol. I'm just curious what people think. As I searched this is more popular to do than I realized.
Old 12-20-2014 | 03:19 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

While not impossible to convert it to a true GT2RS, it would be a massive financial commitment to to it right. I'm talking about the real thing: engine/ transmission/full suspension/body parts etc... If you just want to emulate a GT2, I think they call them "tribute cars " that's entirely different. A GT2 "look" is fairly easy. Sadly, if you did the entire conversion, it would not command a real GT2 price on resale.
Old 12-20-2014 | 03:26 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

The crate price for a GT2/Mezger motor is about 2X the price for a DFI-9A1 if that tells you anything. Besides you will probably need a VIN to buy it, that's how Porsche handles replacement parts for their special cars.
Old 12-20-2014 | 04:30 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

My answer was $0 (I'm sure this doesn't surprise you ). I'm not interested in owning a GT2 RS replica, and I certainly wouldn't pay a premium for it. I'm sure that many others would pay for it - it just depends on what kind of Porsche you want.
Old 12-20-2014 | 05:02 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TT Gasman
The crate price for a GT2/Mezger motor is about 2X the price for a DFI-9A1 if that tells you anything. Besides you will probably need a VIN to buy it, that's how Porsche handles replacement parts for their special cars.
I was only referring to GT2 RS look on the outside. Not a full blown replica. Yes at that point you just buy the car.
Old 12-20-2014 | 05:59 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jem7v

Can they be separated? lol. I'm just curious what people think. As I searched this is more popular to do than I realized.
You should mod your car as you please and don't over think of it and run polls and ... TTS vs GT2RS --> win win...

IMO: The car would be negatively Impacted unless if you are in So. Florida or So-Cal where folks tend to be more "expressive" and clones are welcomed. TurboS is a great car! And most folks understand Turbo pcars and when they see S then they think even more special. A stock TurboS with minor tasteful mods will always be a better car (wheels/exhaust/...)

FWIW: I sold my '08 7GT2 earlier this year and picked up a used '11 GT2RS to collect (Mezger/MT/...) I don't have a lot of miles on this car, but I can tell you that this car attracts the kids in civic and the wrong kind of attention. Collectibility aside, I would take a sleeper 7TT or 7TTS any time over a pcar with wings and decals and ... I have a 7TT also and it does not get much attention which is nice.
Old 12-20-2014 | 07:01 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

You should mod your car as you please and don't over think of it and run polls and ... TTS vs GT2RS --> win win...

IMO: The car would be negatively Impacted unless if you are in So. Florida or So-Cal where folks tend to be more "expressive" and clones are welcomed. TurboS is a great car! And most folks understand Turbo pcars and when they see S then they think even more special. A stock TurboS with minor tasteful mods will always be a better car (wheels/exhaust/...)

FWIW: I sold my '08 7GT2 earlier this year and picked up a used '11 GT2RS to collect (Mezger/MT/...) I don't have a lot of miles on this car, but I can tell you that this car attracts the kids in civic and the wrong kind of attention. Collectibility aside, I would take a sleeper 7TT or 7TTS any time over a pcar with wings and decals and ... I have a 7TT also and it does not get much attention which is nice.
The poll thing I was curious of. I decided not to do a full conversion. If I do anything I'll probably just do a wing (maybe), the bbi exhaust, maybe bbi inconel headers if it doesn't make it loud and obnoxious, and the gt2 rs carbon side inserts with mirrors.

As far as wheels I'd only do HRE, but the p40 looks the same as the OEM wheels, so I'd probably do the p101 if I went that route.
Old 12-20-2014 | 07:09 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

HRE makes very nice wheels...
Old 12-20-2014 | 07:11 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

On the CF hood I can tell you that when you pick up a chip (and you will) then you can't do anything about it...there is no CF touch up paint...
Take a serious look at a high end CF (look) wrap. It looks nice, not expensive, and easily reversible. It can be used on your hood, mirrors, and intake nostrils, ...
Old 12-20-2014 | 07:48 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

On the CF hood I can tell you that when you pick up a chip (and you will) then you can't do anything about it...there is no CF touch up paint...
Take a serious look at a high end CF (look) wrap. It looks nice, not expensive, and easily reversible. It can be used on your hood, mirrors, and intake nostrils, ...
*Gasp* That is blasphemy lol. They have matt clear bra.
Old 12-21-2014 | 12:31 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Basically it is a turbo S missing the original parts. This could actually devalue the car because it is essentially customized.
Parts being replaced OEM GT2RS stuff is great but finding a buyer in a limited market is hard.
Expect to get half of what you put into it and adjust from there.

Champion built a turbo S into a RSR and they ended up selling it for half of the cost.
It was beautiful but alas, anything customized outside of factory will only be money burned.

Had champion not use oem parts and such a quailty build the car would be lucky to fetch turbo s market value.
Old 12-21-2014 | 12:04 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

But if it makes you happy and you are planning to keep it go for it. I only do mods that are easily reversible, exhaust, suspension, etc...
Old 12-21-2014 | 02:11 PM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Team Plutonium

But if it makes you happy and you are planning to keep it go for it. I only do mods that are easily reversible, exhaust, suspension, etc...
And I keep the original parts too.

Quick Reply: How much would you pay for a GT2 RS conversion?