Sponsored by:

gt2 wing conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 12:37 AM
jaygotti
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gt2 wing conversion

so i recently picked up a 997.1 turbo with 9k miles and i must say its an amazing machine! Bought it with a exhaust and full gmg suspension set up (lowering springs, sways and bushings) and some gmg shoes to go along with. im new to porsches and i was reading that after a while the rear wing that goes up and down goes bad. so i was looking into a gt2 wing conversion but found little info on it. how hard is the conversion? will it throw any lights? and does anyone know where to get one used? thanks
Old 11-23-2014, 12:53 AM
therock88
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jaygotti
so i recently picked up a 997.1 turbo with 9k miles and i must say its an amazing machine! Bought it with a exhaust and full gmg suspension set up (lowering springs, sways and bushings) and some gmg shoes to go along with. im new to porsches and i was reading that after a while the rear wing that goes up and down goes bad. so i was looking into a gt2 wing conversion but found little info on it. how hard is the conversion? will it throw any lights? and does anyone know where to get one used? thanks
If you get a fixed GT2 WING, you just disable it ( make inactive) with Durametric or PIWIS and should be fine....Doesn't check any longer if it goes up and down.

DC
Old 11-23-2014, 03:37 PM
jaygotti
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was planning on doing it myself does it require any modification? And is there any reputable shops who would code it for me around the ny area.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:16 PM
therock88
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jaygotti
I was planning on doing it myself does it require any modification? And is there any reputable shops who would code it for me around the ny area.
Not sure where you live...but an Indie or Porsche dealer can disable it, or if you know someone with a Durametric Pro, they can handle. Should take couple minutes to disable. So should not cost much. Note the Indie shop will need the Porsche software as regular OBDII Dx tools won't work on our cars.

Good luck,
DC

Quick Reply: gt2 wing conversion