Sponsored by:

Whoa Twin Turbo Torque!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 07:27 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 540 Posts
Default Whoa Twin Turbo Torque!!!

I was giving a friend a ride and rolled on the throttle pretty aggressively at 2500 RPM in 1st gear on dry asphalt.

I felt the rear end twitch a bit sideways before the PSM nanny shut things down.

HMMMMMM wonder what happens with PSM off?

Tried it again and found out, instantly 45 degrees sideways then bolting straight ahead, still 45 degrees off original path. Got back out of the throttle immediately.
Good thing I had done this on a wide 4+ lane road with zero traffic.

I liked it.

I haven’t felt accel like that since the days of the 440-6 Dart and SS Hemi ‘Cuda.
I’ll bet folks with GT2s have even more fun.
If ya like that kind-of-thing.

Old 11-17-2014, 09:36 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 108 Posts

It's addictive! It will become status quo after awhile and you either get the mod bug or learn to appreciate everything else about the car. But either way, enjoy!!!
Old 11-18-2014, 02:58 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 109 Posts

I find it difficult to get the rear to swing around when not diving into or out of corners, on cold tyres, or in the wet, even with PSM off. Sometimes I worry that my car is not running well, but in all honesty I think it's the Michelin Pilot Super Sports; they're too damn sticky

Definitely starts to feel normal after a while. I'm 14 months into ownership and the thought of more power is starting to appeal.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:52 AM
Dstutler
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a new Turbo owner coming form a 320hp 2002 996 AWD. I've gotten pretty good at controlling the C4 but got on the Turbo a little too quick coming out of a turn on Pirelli's and got it sideways. If you wanna slide put on a crappy/hard/over inflated tire and hit the gas - happy motoring. Can't wait to burn these Pirelli's up(previous owner) so I can get back to my Michelin buddies.

Quick Reply: Whoa Twin Turbo Torque!!!