Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What value do these mods add to this 997 turbo s that is for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014 | 05:55 PM
gotgolf52
Burning Brakes

550Bryan - I've been looking for 2009 White TT with low miles and I couldn't find one with PCCB and options I wanted. Finally settle for 2008 less than 10k miles and never abused. I would love to buy your car when it is up for sale.
As for modded car, when I was in the market I don't mind wheels, may be exhaust but ABSOLUTELY no tune, suspension, headers or intake. I would pay premium for completely stock car over those modded cars. Heavily modded make me worry about potential repairs, and putting engine over stress hence reliability issues.
Old 12-22-2014 | 10:00 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gotgolf52
550Bryan - I've been looking for 2009 White TT with low miles and I couldn't find one with PCCB and options I wanted. Finally settle for 2008 less than 10k miles and never abused. I would love to buy your car when it is up for sale.
As for modded car, when I was in the market I don't mind wheels, may be exhaust but ABSOLUTELY no tune, suspension, headers or intake. I would pay premium for completely stock car over those modded cars. Heavily modded make me worry about potential repairs, and putting engine over stress hence reliability issues.
Hey you should be happy if a car has bbi inconel headers!! Also the GT2 RS is like a tune and some intercoolers. I wonder what else they did to increase the power.

I agree with you on suspension stuff.
Old 12-23-2014 | 05:36 PM
eviligloo
Pro

Originally Posted by Zybane
For most people yes, but not all. Knowing that mod's are pennies on the dollar, I look for cars that are modified. Now by modified, I mean high quality components that are properly installed. You can get a lot of bang for your buck.

You can get a great deal if the parts are of high quality and installed correctly. Especially since aftermarket parts for cars like the GTR and 911 are quite expensive.
100% agree with you Zybane. There are some people that prefer a stock unmodified car and that's fine. There are a lot of people out there that look for modified cars though. It's foolish to try and estimate what % favor what.

When looking for a 911 Turbo I put a premium on certain modifications depending on who did them and how the owner treated the car. I ended up with a car that has $40k of modifications done by an extremely reputable shop and there were people fighting left and right to try and get this car. There were 4 standing offers for the car within 2 days....I just happened to get to it and strike a deal within hours of it being listed before anyone else had a shot.

Not everyone can drop $70k+ on a used car and then spend another $40k on modifications afterward. I got performance well beyond what I ever dreamed of and a car that was detailed monthly and well taken care of.
Old 12-23-2014 | 07:40 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by eviligloo
100% agree with you Zybane. There are some people that prefer a stock unmodified car and that's fine. There are a lot of people out there that look for modified cars though. It's foolish to try and estimate what % favor what.

When looking for a 911 Turbo I put a premium on certain modifications depending on who did them and how the owner treated the car. I ended up with a car that has $40k of modifications done by an extremely reputable shop and there were people fighting left and right to try and get this car. There were 4 standing offers for the car within 2 days....I just happened to get to it and strike a deal within hours of it being listed before anyone else had a shot.

Not everyone can drop $70k+ on a used car and then spend another $40k on modifications afterward. I got performance well beyond what I ever dreamed of and a car that was detailed monthly and well taken care of.

Pics and specs post now! Also your in maryland lets meet up too lol.

Quick Reply: What value do these mods add to this 997 turbo s that is for sale?