Severe Engine Shaking 2500-3000rpm on hard acceleration - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Turbo Technical Discussion Areas > 997 Turbo Forum
Reload this Page >

Severe Engine Shaking 2500-3000rpm on hard acceleration

Notices

Severe Engine Shaking 2500-3000rpm on hard acceleration

Old 09-28-2014, 09:36 AM
McCrazy
User

Glad you got it fixed and that it was no big deal. You got lucky.
Old 12-30-2018, 11:48 PM
mspa
User

I know this is an older thread, but glad I ran across it.

I have a 2004 Cayenne Turbo with the same behavior. I have no idea (yet) if I have the same VGT actuator, or something similar. But this gives me another thing to check. Thanks!
Old 01-02-2019, 01:14 PM
Brainz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mspa View Post
I know this is an older thread, but glad I ran across it.

I have a 2004 Cayenne Turbo with the same behavior. I have no idea (yet) if I have the same VGT actuator, or something similar. But this gives me another thing to check. Thanks!
2006 CTT owner here: 955 Cayenne TTs do not have VGT turbos. If you're getting a mid-rpm power "stutter" (under acceleration) it's almost always ignition coils. All it takes is one bad coil, and unfortunately, it will often not report a code until it gets really bad (though in theory, you can log misfires while running). Start with fresh plugs and coils and see if that fixes your issue. Other suspects are bad gas (low octane)/hot weather will pull timing from preignition, and rough running/shifting at lower rpms is usually due to vacuum leaks on the intake tract (the purge valve is a frequent culprit).
Old 01-02-2019, 01:28 PM
mspa
User

Originally Posted by Brainz View Post
2006 CTT owner here: 955 Cayenne TTs do not have VGT turbos. If you're getting a mid-rpm power "stutter" (under acceleration) it's almost always ignition coils. All it takes is one bad coil, and unfortunately, it will often not report a code until it gets really bad (though in theory, you can log misfires while running). Start with fresh plugs and coils and see if that fixes your issue. Other suspects are bad gas (low octane)/hot weather will pull timing from preignition, and rough running/shifting at lower rpms is usually due to vacuum leaks on the intake tract (the purge valve is a frequent culprit).
Good to know. I was thinking coil packs, but wasn't sure. The dealer replaced spark plugs last Spring, but not coil packs. I may go ahead and get plugs just in case. I bought the car in August, so at least this way, I have a baseline for those parts. Thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Severe Engine Shaking 2500-3000rpm on hard acceleration

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: