Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Severe Engine Shaking 2500-3000rpm on hard acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 08:36 AM
McCrazy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you got it fixed and that it was no big deal. You got lucky.
Old 12-30-2018, 10:48 PM
mspa
Intermediate

I know this is an older thread, but glad I ran across it.

I have a 2004 Cayenne Turbo with the same behavior. I have no idea (yet) if I have the same VGT actuator, or something similar. But this gives me another thing to check. Thanks!
Old 01-02-2019, 12:14 PM
Brainz
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by mspa
I know this is an older thread, but glad I ran across it.

I have a 2004 Cayenne Turbo with the same behavior. I have no idea (yet) if I have the same VGT actuator, or something similar. But this gives me another thing to check. Thanks!
2006 CTT owner here: 955 Cayenne TTs do not have VGT turbos. If you're getting a mid-rpm power "stutter" (under acceleration) it's almost always ignition coils. All it takes is one bad coil, and unfortunately, it will often not report a code until it gets really bad (though in theory, you can log misfires while running). Start with fresh plugs and coils and see if that fixes your issue. Other suspects are bad gas (low octane)/hot weather will pull timing from preignition, and rough running/shifting at lower rpms is usually due to vacuum leaks on the intake tract (the purge valve is a frequent culprit).
Old 01-02-2019, 12:28 PM
mspa
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Brainz
2006 CTT owner here: 955 Cayenne TTs do not have VGT turbos. If you're getting a mid-rpm power "stutter" (under acceleration) it's almost always ignition coils. All it takes is one bad coil, and unfortunately, it will often not report a code until it gets really bad (though in theory, you can log misfires while running). Start with fresh plugs and coils and see if that fixes your issue. Other suspects are bad gas (low octane)/hot weather will pull timing from preignition, and rough running/shifting at lower rpms is usually due to vacuum leaks on the intake tract (the purge valve is a frequent culprit).
Good to know. I was thinking coil packs, but wasn't sure. The dealer replaced spark plugs last Spring, but not coil packs. I may go ahead and get plugs just in case. I bought the car in August, so at least this way, I have a baseline for those parts. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Severe Engine Shaking 2500-3000rpm on hard acceleration