Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Frustration with Fabspeed - Help what do? I do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 12:46 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^ I'd say if some of these guys who got themselves sucked in ever tried anything decent their ***** would fall off and they would be running around screaming holy f/ing mary....which is basically what happened to Leo - hence him going all out etc...his Fabspeed wounds were deep iykwim. Crying over non existent service and being jerked around like an idiot all the time would be the easy part to live with.... I still can't believe how they left poor OP with some hotch potched welded up abortion as his only way out. That's really bad form.

Last edited by speed21; 08-30-2014 at 01:07 AM.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:35 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by dan212
I also know that they also continue to work on their products to continually improve.
No.. Fabspeed should work out all the bugs prior to releasing any products to the general public with the prices they charge. Any defect pieces should be sold at a serious discount with plenty of notification.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:35 AM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by chsu74
No.. Fabspeed should work out all the bugs prior to releasing any products to the general public with the prices they charge. Any defect pieces should be sold at a serious discount with plenty of notification.
I agree here. I can't vouch for one system over another, but as a business-owner with a little common sense, I do think it's a bad sign that a company commences to use propaganda as a tool to promote it's products before tending to the quality and reliability of the products themselves. That's backwards and it smells desperate.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:10 AM
Khooger
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aa909
^^^^ all this and poor Leo is banned for calling these guys out LOL!! yeah he was brash. Yeah he went over the top a bit but he's sorta vindicated isn't he? Let's let Leo back for time served!!
Agree totally !
Old 08-31-2014, 01:05 PM
Rodbuster
Intermediate

So Leo got banned for telling the truth? He should be unbanned, with an apology!
Old 08-31-2014, 03:25 PM
dan212
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 75 Posts

Don't quite understand your logic.

Every manufacturer continuously works on improving their products. I found that the mufflers they made im 2009 were better than the ones installed on my car in 2004. That is hardly a knock on them. Nothing wrong with the first set of mufflers. Just observed that they made them better 5 years later. This is a bad thing?

Defect pieces should be sold at a serious discount with plenty of notification
HUH?? Are you kidding? One doesn't sell defective products at all. And I don't know a reputable vendor who would. Certainly not FabSpeed.

This is getting old. Last time:
  1. I found that FanSpeed continues to improve their products. A good thing by any rational measure
  2. They have stood behind their products in my experience. And I have nothing but good things to say on that.

Originally Posted by chsu74
Old 08-31-2014, 04:43 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Defect pieces should be sold at a serious discount with plenty of notification
"HUH?? Are you kidding? One doesn't sell defective products at all. And I don't know a reputable vendor who would. Certainly not FabSpeed."

Did you by chance read the OP's post? His fabspeed exhaust was defective. It didn't fit properly and required significant modifications including multiple welds and extensions added by his shop to get it in place. If this is not the definition of "defective" then not sure what is.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:00 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I still he installed a .1 exhaust on a .2 car, no way it should be that far off. Why not just send it back for a refund instead of Jerry rigging it to make it fit?
Can't believe we're still talking about this 4 plus pages!
Old 08-31-2014, 07:35 PM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have purchased several systems from FabSpeed and have a full system on my 997TT(installed by previous owner) but never waited 2 months for an ordered system to arrive. If you need a month to get the new order in sequence simply let the customer know up front. Regarding fitment, you shouldn't have to modify a brand new system. What if you need to take the system apart in the future? FabSpeed should have simply replaced the system once they were made aware of the fitment issue.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:29 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I still he installed a .1 exhaust on a .2 car, no way it should be that far off. Why not just send it back for a refund instead of Jerry rigging it to make it fit?

Can't believe we're still talking about this 4 plus pages!
Agree, agree, and agree again. All good points Chris!

1) Product was clearly not suitable for the purpose intended.
2) It is a refund only situation, and for a number of good reasons. If FS don't want to play ball, the stock system should go back on and OP should just get the lawyers involved. FS would not have a leg to stand on.
3) 4 pages in is because the topic has now changed direction somewhat toward asking why on earth was Leo was banned in the first place when everything he said was 100% true. Fair call really esp hen you consider other vendors have been removed/banned for far less member product/service related issues you have to ask the question WTF is going on behind the scenes. To ban any member under these circumstances was bound to wind up in questions being asked. Plus Leo only resorted to multiple users after he was banned,not beforehand IIRC. Sure he got wound up but you can't say he didn't have legitimate/good reasons.

If everyone here goes way back to when Leo bought his 997tt, joined RL etc, and later bought a Fabspeed, if I recall Leo was a very happy camper at that stage and had no beef with FS. It was only after he changed it for something else after reading a lot of members exhaust experiences on better systems that he got rid of it and got a taste of the good life, and came to realize what a POS it was....so like it or not, a lot of members here on the 997tt forum have had a hand in Leo's current predicament, because had they not said anything to Leo to try something else he wouldn't have found out what he did, and got so pissed off etc. The rest is now history as we know. Now it is just a matter of righting the wrong.

PS. This is why I say to everyone with a FS and think it's great. For gods sakes leave the damn thing on and don't ever try anything else whatever you do.

Last edited by speed21; 08-31-2014 at 10:54 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:40 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Really I think they sent him a .1 set and his shop made it fit. Not what I would've done. Re Leo, he's basically harmless and very impressionable. I believe all of his exhaust purchases were used, including his beloved ep, (which I believe was my old system after passing through three sets of hands), so I never really understood his rage. It's not like he bought it brand new and felt ripped off, he basically bought it cheap and sold it cheap, who knows the condition of the used part. His mistake was being extremely over zealous in his anti fabspeed campaign, way over the top. Of course the fiasco with numerous aliases..... Unfortunately, there is no other way it could've ended with the mods given the final banter. His best bet is to approach the mods after a yr or so hat in hand and ck his emotions at the door, I'm sure they'd let him back. I'm sure he's very happy in lambo land in the interim.
Re fabspeed, I never had issues with fitment, and there customer svc was very good. The cans were just a little loud for my tastes. Their na 996 mufflers were the best available, loved them on my c4s. That's all I got!
C
Old 09-01-2014, 01:33 AM
speed21
Banned

Re the FS .1 you may well be right...who knows, ....but even you said it was way way out on the pipes....but the way they gave OP the bums rush is not indicative of good service least of all good business ethics. Like yourself I would have sent it back regardless and given the job to my lawyer to sort out if they didn't respond. It seems the only way they ever come to the table is by shaming over the forums yet even then they still kick and buck and give the bare bones minimum. Maybe the mods are right and members should know better by now and in a way I can't argue that. I guess anyone buying Fab speed should know by now that once they bought it they own it whether it fits or works or whatever. But still you have to ask why other vendors get removed for this type of unsavory behavior and they don't. There really needs to be one rule for all there, else how can members have any faith in what they buy?

Re Leo, he is a young guy and I would agree he unnecessarily went out with all guns blazing which was not the best move. If only he had sat back and taken the ban as it stood maybe it would be easier for the mods to allow him an early reprieve. That said with all the FS train wrecks continuing to surface all over the place does lend question to how and why they are allowed such impunity when other vendors have been banned for far less. Odd... I think in all fairness they should also be banned for 12 months and told to stop the BS and start treating customers with respect. Hey btw have you see the Fabspeed system F/sale over on 6 at teh moment? The bloody thing is clearly using non HJS pinned cats for crying out loud... FF/sakes do these guys tell anything that is true? Un-be - bloody - lievable! I guess we all should have known better they are "professional" liars. Sheesh....is there anything that we can believe? I dunno...
Old 09-01-2014, 04:29 AM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 153 Likes on 95 Posts

They are now advertising in Australia on PFA.

http://porscheforum.com.au/

As the worlds best exhaust systems.....
Old 09-01-2014, 08:31 AM
speed21
Banned

Best yeah what a crock. Aussies pay way way too much for P cars least of all get sucked in, conned and messed around like that. Imagine shelling out 5 grand+ for something that doesn't even fit and then listen to crickets..

Last edited by speed21; 09-01-2014 at 08:57 AM.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:43 PM
Leo997TT.
Banned

Wow really Christ? Really? Are you kidding me? You know my beef with fabspeed is not because of the used exhaust I had on my car for 1 week because the sound was trash...

Remember when I bought the hot air intake? You were part of that thread... And yes I did bought it brand new from them! Because I tough I my car was gonna gain 21HP because I was a retard who believed the bs I hear on the video...

What's next Christ? Are you gonna tell me the hot air intake is good? It actually deliver what they promise?

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turb...-intake-2.html

I created a new nickname because the MODERATORS wouldn't allow me to express myself after I opened the Fabspeed made in China thread & I couldn't answer to Fabspeed responding to my thread so they pretty much wanted me to shut my face because they don't want to lose Badspeed sponsorship.

Quick Reply: My Frustration with Fabspeed - Help what do? I do?