Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Turbo price

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 07:18 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes, about 10% less than a comparable coupe.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:25 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts

^TT surgeon, you should start charging for your advice on pricing! I know that you have saved me a lot of money (although my wife may see things different!!!)
Old 08-03-2014, 02:07 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

My pleasure.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:30 AM
djben
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Apparently vintage model Porsches have experienced a significant price bump in recent years as well.

Not surprising to me at all and a number of us 997 guys called this out when the 991 was hitting -- it's a combination of the new 991s being incredibly expensive (a non-stripper 991 Carrera at $100K, nearly $200K for a 991TT) and a desire for less computer-driven/automated sports cars among the enthusiast market.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:23 AM
ljpviper
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Djben, the computer/driven sports cars that are coming out are effecting all brands. I noticed in the recent tests on motorweek, every comment is about lack of steering feel. Last week was the M 4/3 this week the Mini Cooper. They stated on both test the outgoing model had better steering feel. This is major to me, as sports cars are weekend cars for a lot of us.

I want to feel the road and shift a manual, sorry PDF guys.Older M cars had some of the best steering feel, not they neutered.

My first comment driving my friends 991 was what happen to the steering, he had just come of a 997.2 and said the same thing. He ordered the 991 back in 2012 without driving it, so he was not thrilled, plus the base carrera lacked torque.

I guess to buyer than has never driven an older Porsche the 991 steering might be ok, but to all of us, it just doesn't work. Sorry porsche/bmw/etc, to save .5 mpg electric steering just don't cut it. Maybe they can improve it.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:48 AM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ljpviper
Djben, the computer/driven sports cars that are coming out are effecting all brands. I noticed in the recent tests on motorweek, every comment is about lack of steering feel. Last week was the M 4/3 this week the Mini Cooper. They stated on both test the outgoing model had better steering feel. This is major to me, as sports cars are weekend cars for a lot of us.

I want to feel the road and shift a manual, sorry PDF guys.Older M cars had some of the best steering feel, not they neutered.

My first comment driving my friends 991 was what happen to the steering, he had just come of a 997.2 and said the same thing. He ordered the 991 back in 2012 without driving it, so he was not thrilled, plus the base carrera lacked torque.

I guess to buyer than has never driven an older Porsche the 991 steering might be ok, but to all of us, it just doesn't work. Sorry porsche/bmw/etc, to save .5 mpg electric steering just don't cut it. Maybe they can improve it.
manufacturers are starting to hear this feedback loud and clear. There are Electro-Hydraulic power steering system now in development. I would expect these to replace the 100% electric steering in some of these cars in future iterations. They will have smaller hydraulic systems but enough so to get the "feel" back.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:54 AM
Runner
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by limitedslip
You did get a great deal but at the end of the day you did pay 60k+ for a car that had the wrong transmission for you.. I tell people all the time: never settle! It's always worth waiting for the right car.
Not the wrong transmission for me. I prefer the tip over the manual. Bought my 07 TT a few years ago and wouldn't trade or sell it.

I'm not going to debate that the manual transmissions are in more demand, but the tip has a market as well and is the car I prefer.

I track my TT, and the tip is amazing on the shifts.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:27 PM
D6lc
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Runner How ofter do you track your Tip?

I track my car 2-3x a year max and want to track the TT when I get it, right now I have a manual 6speed. But my wife wont drive a manual. so I am looking to the dark side thinking about a 997TT cab tip......
Might not be so pure a drivers car, but I think we all might enjoy it more
Old 08-03-2014, 02:05 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by D6lc
Runner How ofter do you track your Tip?

I track my car 2-3x a year max and want to track the TT when I get it, right now I have a manual 6speed. But my wife wont drive a manual. so I am looking to the dark side thinking about a 997TT cab tip......
Might not be so pure a drivers car, but I think we all might enjoy it more
This is a pro not a con right LOL!!!
Old 08-03-2014, 02:53 PM
Runner
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by D6lc
Runner How ofter do you track your Tip? I track my car 2-3x a year max and want to track the TT when I get it, right now I have a manual 6speed. But my wife wont drive a manual. so I am looking to the dark side thinking about a 997TT cab tip...... Might not be so pure a drivers car, but I think we all might enjoy it more
I track my Tip on average 7 events annually. It's a beast on the track. Always in the correct gear. I run in the solo yellow group. The instructors always comment on the tips performance - always impressed.

You will like the dark side.

I've always owned manual cars my whole life, my tip is my first automatic ever purchased. I'm not looking back.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:10 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Awesome Runner. That makes me smile.. I can see how the TIP would be awesome on the track Especially a TT..
Old 08-03-2014, 04:33 PM
Runner
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by phillipj
Awesome Runner. That makes me smile.. I can see how the TIP would be awesome on the track Especially a TT..
A friend of mine sold his manual 07 CS and was without car to track this spring, so I shared my TIP with him for a few DEs. Let's just say he will not be going back to the manual.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:01 PM
550bryan
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by dewilmoth
I sold my flawless 07, PCCB, 6MT, Guards Red with 13k miles a couple months ago for $80k. I really regret not holding out for more. The TT is by far the best value in the sports car market IMO, and the best car I've ever owned. The only reason I sold mine is to buy an 09 and keep it. Unfortunately I have a feeling that my very specific option requirements will cause it to be a couple year search. First world problems.
After reading this post I'm feeling luck to have found my 09 at the end of last year. I didn't realize at the time how rare 09 turbos are. Porsche reported selling 551 cabs and 321 couples in CY 09 (they don't report MY sales) compared to 1473 cabs and 628 couples in CY 08.
I found my white over black 6 speed couple at Rusnak Porsche in Pasadena. They listed the car on PCNA's site and hadn't even takes picture yet (I was checking multiple sites twice a day). I called immediately and they told me the car wasn't ready as they were completing the CPO process. I went to the dealer the next morning and waited for the tire pressure monitors to be replaced before driving the car. I bought it on the spot. Here are the details; CPO till 12/15, clear carfax, good DME, 26,500 miles, very clean, no evidence of paint work. Clear front bra slightly yellowing and since replaced with a complete frontend wrap. Sports Chrono, limited slip, sports steering wheel, sports shifter, PCCB's (love them, a must for me) heated adaptive sports seats with memory, bluetooth, XM radio, universal audio interface, K-40 detector nicely integrated, lit sills, and a bunch of trim stuff. The car listed for 153K when new. The previous owned had added grey metallic center locks last fall in an effort to update the look (must have spent $$$). Fortunately he also did the 30K service with plug replacement at the same time. I guess he wasn't satisfied as he ended up trading it in on a 991 turbo. They were asking 90K and I was able to buy it for 84K. Love the car with only one problem. After owning it for awhile I noticed I could get the clutch to slip under extreme conditions. I reached an agreement with the dealer, he paid the labor and I provided a Sachs 2.5 as a replacement. i didn't want a stock unit again in case I ever tune the car. I have a FVD tune sitting on my workbench that I haven't installed (bought really well during their Valentines Day sale) partly because of the CPO issue and partly because I have a tendency to change cars and the market is always wider for an unmodified car. This car is so good though it may be a long term keeper. I really like the advantages of the ungraded PCM system on the 09's, over the 07 & 08's I drove. Sometimes life comes down to timing and mine was good, I only had to search for a month.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:42 PM
limitedslip
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Runner
Not the wrong transmission for me. I prefer the tip over the manual. Bought my 07 TT a few years ago and wouldn't trade or sell it.

I'm not going to debate that the manual transmissions are in more demand, but the tip has a market as well and is the car I prefer.

I track my TT, and the tip is amazing on the shifts.
I was quoting a member who said he got a tip but would've preferred the 6speed

Originally Posted by 550bryan
After reading this post I'm feeling luck to have found my 09 at the end of last year. I didn't realize at the time how rare 09 turbos are. Porsche reported selling 551 cabs and 321 couples in CY 09 (they don't report MY sales) compared to 1473 cabs and 628 couples in CY 08.
I found my white over black 6 speed couple at Rusnak Porsche in Pasadena. They listed the car on PCNA's site and hadn't even takes picture yet (I was checking multiple sites twice a day). I called immediately and they told me the car wasn't ready as they were completing the CPO process. I went to the dealer the next morning and waited for the tire pressure monitors to be replaced before driving the car. I bought it on the spot. Here are the details; CPO till 12/15, clear carfax, good DME, 26,500 miles, very clean, no evidence of paint work. Clear front bra slightly yellowing and since replaced with a complete frontend wrap. Sports Chrono, limited slip, sports steering wheel, sports shifter, PCCB's (love them, a must for me) heated adaptive sports seats with memory, bluetooth, XM radio, universal audio interface, K-40 detector nicely integrated, lit sills, and a bunch of trim stuff. The car listed for 153K when new. The previous owned had added grey metallic center locks last fall in an effort to update the look (must have spent $$$). Fortunately he also did the 30K service with plug replacement at the same time. I guess he wasn't satisfied as he ended up trading it in on a 991 turbo. They were asking 90K and I was able to buy it for 84K. Love the car with only one problem. After owning it for awhile I noticed I could get the clutch to slip under extreme conditions. I reached an agreement with the dealer, he paid the labor and I provided a Sachs 2.5 as a replacement. i didn't want a stock unit again in case I ever tune the car. I have a FVD tune sitting on my workbench that I haven't installed (bought really well during their Valentines Day sale) partly because of the CPO issue and partly because I have a tendency to change cars and the market is always wider for an unmodified car. This car is so good though it may be a long term keeper. I really like the advantages of the ungraded PCM system on the 09's, over the 07 & 08's I drove. Sometimes life comes down to timing and mine was good, I only had to search for a month.
I swear everytime I log on rennlist there is a post of you with that same story

Post more pictures of that sexy beast!!
Old 08-03-2014, 06:47 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Bryan,

Yes you were at the right place at the right time.. Not only is your car an 09 but it's white.. It will surely appreciate. Good for you!

I kick my self everytime I think about it but in 2011 Rusnak had a 2007 GT3 RS in the showroom. It sat there for a very long time. Everyone wanted the 2010 GT3. I talked to the my friends there at the dealer and I could have bought it for a little over 100k. Have you looked at 2007 GT3 RS prices now? That car would be worth at least 140k. I was so close to buying it too..

No doubt Porsche's decision to go all Automatic and more luxury on the 2014 GT3 and TT cars has helped the value of our cars. Even my car with almost 70k miles is worth more than it was last year.

By the way my car is still blistering fast and has not one rattle or squeak. Best car I've ever owned.

Quick Reply: 07 Turbo price