Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dumb Floor Mat Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014 | 11:30 PM
CabrioArtie
Rennlist Member

Default Dumb Floor Mat Questions

Recently acquired '08TT Cab with LLoyds floor Mats. But nothing is securing them to the floor. Found the clips which snap into the floor mat fastener in the glove box, but I don't see or understand how these clips fasten to the set rails.

Can someone give me a hint?

Thanks
Old 05-23-2014 | 12:31 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

They are junk, stick with oem, the Velcro system is much better.
Old 05-23-2014 | 07:15 PM
bgrpph
Racer

on my 996 there was female piece that attached to front of seat rail- (or was it male?? can't recall) - other end on matt clipped into seat piece. contact lloyds they'll send you the seat frame clip-
1st set i got didn't fit correctly when cllipped together- to far from gas pedal, etc. lloyds sent 2nd set -had same issue- for the price i expected them to fit perfectly all around- they didn't- as Chris said above- stick with stock -
Old 05-23-2014 | 10:36 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

I used Lloyds once and did not like the attachments, which seemed not to work well. Agree, just stick with stock. Suncoast sometimes has great sales on them.
Old 05-24-2014 | 08:37 AM
rotesAuto
Three Wheelin'

From: North Carolina, '12 cls63 '14 S550V4, 07TT-gone, 07Targa4S-gone

I have brand new beige matts: never used.........if you wanna buy them PM me
Old 05-25-2014 | 06:30 PM
nsurg
Intermediate

don't you love the way everybody posts but nobody answers your question? I for one love the Lloyd's mats and think they are markedly better than OEM. I used a traditional pliers to rip off the stupid strap from the lloyds mat, then bought a velcro strip and used contact cement to glue this to the rubber bottom of the lloyd mat (the glue is simply higher quality rubber cement). After letting this dry the lloyds sticks remarkably well to the oem floorboard velcro--I actually ripped out the plug of the oem floorboard velcro last time I pulled up my lloyd mat, so I'd suggest a modest size piece on your lloyd mat. A little effort, but it works great, and the updated colors and logos on my mat make the interior much cooler than oem.
Old 05-25-2014 | 06:34 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

^ yes, but you shouldn't have to do all that to work, unless they're 1/2 price. I think cocoa mats are much better as far as aftermarket ones go.
Old 05-25-2014 | 06:48 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member
Veteran: Army

Had some Lloyd mats for a while in my 993 because I liked their 993 logo treatment.

First time I shook dirt out of them, they split in half. Guess I was too vigorous, but never had that problem with OEM.
Old 05-25-2014 | 06:51 PM
CabrioArtie
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nsurg
don't you love the way everybody posts but nobody answers your question? I for one love the Lloyd's mats and think they are markedly better than OEM. I used a traditional pliers to rip off the stupid strap from the lloyds mat, then bought a velcro strip and used contact cement to glue this to the rubber bottom of the lloyd mat (the glue is simply higher quality rubber cement). After letting this dry the lloyds sticks remarkably well to the oem floorboard velcro--I actually ripped out the plug of the oem floorboard velcro last time I pulled up my lloyd mat, so I'd suggest a modest size piece on your lloyd mat. A little effort, but it works great, and the updated colors and logos on my mat make the interior much cooler than oem.
Thanks, that's what I'm planning on doing. From what I can tell I must be missing a piece and based upon the numerous postings on how they don't work I will do the Velcro.
Old 05-27-2014 | 12:31 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Rennline track mats in black..... carpet mats eat too much dirt...
Old 05-28-2014 | 01:51 AM
nsurg
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CabrioArtie
Thanks, that's what I'm planning on doing. From what I can tell I must be missing a piece and based upon the numerous postings on how they don't work I will do the Velcro.
Even when all the pieces exist there is no good way to make their clip work. I think the lloyd mats looked better with the color options, and I hated the carpet quality of the OEMs, but that's just me.
Old 05-28-2014 | 09:08 AM
rotesAuto
Three Wheelin'

From: North Carolina, '12 cls63 '14 S550V4, 07TT-gone, 07Targa4S-gone

Originally Posted by nsurg
LOL

Quick Reply: Dumb Floor Mat Questions