Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPS still not working. Have tried everything.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 10:24 PM
JC3D
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TPS still not working. Have tried everything.

I bought my 2007 TT knowing that the TPS sensors needed replacing. I then got hurt in a motorcycle accident, and can't drive, so the car has been at my mechanics most of the time.

So far we have replaced all of the sensors, an antenna, the module, and had no luck. Then my mechanic did something with some wiring. They learned once, he dropped it back off at my house for me. The next time I started it, they did not work.

He's been at it for quite awhile now, and can't figure anything else out. Today he got it to learn, but then when the car was restarted, they stopped working again.

Has anyone else had issues with TPS never learning, even after replacing everything? I know it doesn't affect the way the car drives, but it's not the best feeling staring at a big red light in the dash on a car I just bought 4 months ago.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:49 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

System problem???

Sounds like it has a mind of its own.....
Old 05-15-2014, 12:45 AM
bgrpph
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

probably stupid response after all you've done-
Wife's 07 987.1 BoxsterS, after TPMS replaced with last tire change, the system wouldn't learn. kept faulting. Issue was the old sensors that were in the trunk interfered with system learning. Soon as i took them out of trunk- system learned fine.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:52 AM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 519 Likes on 280 Posts

Is the car's battery voltage ok? Or could it dip too low during cranking? I have learned that the TPMS system is one of the first systems to reset with low battery voltage. And you know that during cranking you get the lowest voltage dips.

Also, you know the learning routine requires you to drive car so many miles and go above a certain road speed (mph) before it registers the TPMS.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:14 PM
JC3D
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is actually a very good suggestion about sensors in the trunk. It's like when IT asks you to restart your computer first.

The voltage did drop pretty low when the battery died, but this issue has been around since I bought the car. Right now there is a brand new battery in there.

I may try another mechanic who builds a lot of race cars, and says they can repair the harness if that is the issue.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:57 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I'd let he dealer have a wack, might be something that only pwis can access.

Quick Reply: TPS still not working. Have tried everything.