Sponsored by:

AM exhaust voids warranty on 997.2?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 07:49 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
The OP asked a legitimate question, I and others chimed in with what we knew, not naysaying, just giving him information from which he can make his own decision. I think the dfi is fine and here to stay, I know, I had one, just be aware warranty policies with PCNA have changed.
I think this horse is sufficiently flogged
Don't hop off the bike doc. I'm not saying YOU…nor hammering you either so don't get all sensitive ok. Now re the horse it isn't dead yet. There's still a few lashes to go.

Originally Posted by Domer911
I sold a 997.2 C4S back to the dealer with EVOMs AM exhaust, and the dealer CPOd the car and sold it again inside of a month. They knew about the AM cans, and opted not to bother with returning it to stock, despite my offer to include the stock cans. Acted like it was more of a hassle than it was worth. fyi. Still have the stock cans in my attic.
Bet they won't be CPO ing it if something goes wrong. I've yet to come across an official dealer that will sell a car with a tune or exhaust on, or anything AM for that matter, and warrant it. These cars usually get traded and then wholesaled on to non official yards to shift.

Originally Posted by phillipj
Yep.. But I still stick with my opinion. There is no good sounding 6 cylinder turbo.

By the way Speed the new F1 engine turns 15k RPM and still sounds like crap.
Then do you want me to get my EP back and over for you? Seriously.
It sounded good to everyone that heard it…even the dealer. But I agree in stock form (without the EP) it isn't much chop at all.

Re the F1…well heard the new turbo F/California engine and that sounds crap and that's an 8.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:04 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Wish I knew how you do those multi quotes...
Not sensitive at all, just explaining. I agree, no car with a tune can be sold as a cpo, I'd ask pcna to verify.
So when are you installing a ep? I assume it's in the works.
C
Old 04-08-2014, 09:20 PM
speed21
Banned

Wish I knew how you do those multi quotes...
Not sensitive at all, just explaining. I agree, no car with a tune can be sold as a cpo, I'd ask pcna to verify.
So when are you installing a ep? I assume it's in the works.
C
I thought you would know how to do that? If not PM and I will walk you through it by pm, just ask. Anyway good to hear that and like yourself I would find it very hard to believe any dealer would CPO a tuned car, have an engine or drive line claim then draw upon HQ fro warranty. It just simply would never happen and they would have to eat it internally, if at all.

Re the Europipe. To be honest doc I have no plans at this stage. Quite enjoying it the way it is, but if ever I felt the inclination that or the Akra would be THE ONLY system I would ever entertain on my car. Am close to 1K kms now so am getting pretty used to it now...will report on that a little later on my thread when I get a bit more time.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:30 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Maybe I'm old, but I think all the new cars sound good stock.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts

What????? TT??? I am 100% opposite...all new cars sound like nothing!! Quiet as a mouse! Get me an old car...such as a V8 with Flowmasters or even my 930 with a skinny muffler...

Speed21, my 997GT2 came from the factory with a quiet as a mini mouse akrapovic. I hope the AM akrapovic sounds better for you...just heads up.

PS: I am totally not a fan of the 991, but I will not display my displeasure with PAG again. I just bought a '11 GT2RS...last of the 3.6 Mezger with a stick...will post pix when she arrives. The GT2 left for someplace in E. Europe 10!days ago. I hope the RS sounds better...

Last edited by Igooz; 04-08-2014 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:54 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

I mean the 997.2tts and 991tts, I'm old.
Even s21 is a little on the fence about putting an am system on a new car, and we all know how much he likes ep, he's practically has a Belgian accent!
Old 04-08-2014, 09:56 PM
speed21
Banned

Yep agree the new breed of Porsche's have stepped it up in the sound dept. I can understand some owners will feel they are still somewhat too docile for what the car is but all in all they are quite livable. It ultimately comes down to what you expect and what keeps you happy. I wouldn't mind it having a little more bark about it but at what cost is the big unknown. Maybe later I may feel like taking that chance...who knows. Still in that honeymoon to a certain degree.

Originally Posted by Igooz
What????? TT??? I am 100% opposite...all new cars sound like nothing!! Quiet as a mouse! Get me an old car...such as a V8 with Flowmasters or even my 930 with a skinny muffler...

Speed21, my 997GT2 came from the factory with a quiet as a mini mouse akrapovic. I hope the AM akrapovic sounds better for you...just heads up.

PS: I am totally not a fan of the 991, but I will not display my displeasure with PAG again. I just bought a GT2RS...last of the Mezger with a stick...will post pix when she arrives. The GT2 left for someplace in E. Europe 10!days ago. I hope the RS sounds better...
No worries Igooz. Some things just take longer to grow on you than others. It took me time to decide on the change but I feel I have made the right move at this stage. And the more I drive it the better it gets. The new platform is truly quite a large step forward and as a DD is perfect for my needs. A GT2 RS is not at all practical for me but if it was just a fun car for the weekend or track then it would work. But you need a second car here for that and even though I have a few cars to draw on I just love driving the Porsche wherever I can. I have heard the 997 GT2 and agree it didn't sound good at all stock, but again it also sat in the last generation of P cars which all seemed to have much the same old dud interior and exterior engine note. So that said yes a system is certainly in order.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:00 PM
speed21
Banned

I mean the 997.2tts and 991tts, I'm old.
Got that, and don't worry doc, you are not alone....we are all getting there....but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy the toys en route to the pearly gates....as we are fortunate enough to do.

Hey didnt you know I speak Belgian?
Old 04-09-2014, 01:44 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

Yeah I agree... All of you are getting old :-)

I hope you guys don't start losing your hair and driving convertibles lol
Attached Images  
Old 04-09-2014, 06:27 AM
speed21
Banned

^ It's official...you are all old. Hope everyone has their affairs in order..
Old 04-09-2014, 07:30 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
Don't hop off the bike doc. I'm not saying YOU…nor hammering you either so don't get all sensitive ok. Now re the horse it isn't dead yet. There's still a few lashes to go.

Bet they won't be CPO ing it if something goes wrong. I've yet to come across an official dealer that will sell a car with a tune or exhaust on, or anything AM for that matter, and warrant it. These cars usually get traded and then wholesaled on to non official yards to shift.

Then do you want me to get my EP back and over for you? Seriously.
It sounded good to everyone that heard it…even the dealer. But I agree in stock form (without the EP) it isn't much chop at all.

Re the F1…well heard the new turbo F/California engine and that sounds crap and that's an 8.

You're funny. I didn't say that you couldn't improve the sound of a 6 cylinder turbo. No doubt many AM Porsche TT exhausts improve the sound. Even an EP

All I said was a 6 cylinder Turbo engine inherently is not a good sounding engine. So there..

Oh and another thing..
Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.. Blah blah blah blah blah
Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.. Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.. Blah blah blah blah blah
Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.. Blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.. Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.. Blah blah blah blah blah
Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.. Blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.. Blah blah blah blah blah
Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.. Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.. Blah blah blah blah blah
Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.. Blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.. Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.. Blah blah blah blah blah. lah blah blah, blah blah blah.. Blah blah blah blah blah
Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.. Blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.. Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.. Blah blah blah blah blah
Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.. Blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.. Blah blah blah blah blah
Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.. Blah blah blah blah blah.

I think I have made my point on this thread.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts

^Phillip...I agree with you on the sound of our H6 Turbo engines..They can be nice with a pipe (I have Tubi on my 7TT), but not best in class such as a GT3 or a V8. And yes, this is all subjective stuff IMO.

Speed21, I am keeping my 7TT. It is a TIP that I used to use for DD. I have already taken a 50% depreciation hit, so I am going to let wifey use it. Her sports car...
Old 04-09-2014, 08:24 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by phillipj
You're funny. I didn't say that you couldn't improve the sound of a 6 cylinder turbo. No doubt many AM Porsche TT exhausts improve the sound. Even an EP

All I said was a 6 cylinder Turbo engine inherently is not a good sounding engine. So there..

Oh and another thing..
Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.. Blah blah blah blah blah
Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.. Blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.. Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.. Blah blah blah blah blah. lah blah blah, blah blah blah.. Blah blah blah blah blah
Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.. Blah blah blah blah blah.

I think I have made my point on this thread.
Ahhhah…so it IS menopause after all? Just knew it! ….maybe a day at the hairdressers or a manicure/pedicure will help fix it for today. …let's hope anyway.

Originally Posted by Igooz

Speed21, I am keeping my 7TT. It is a TIP that I used to use for DD. I have already taken a 50% depreciation hit, so I am going to let wifey use it. Her sports car...
Good on ya Igooz! Smart man. Happy wife happy life.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:14 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Old 04-10-2014, 03:14 PM
JayinToronto
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Gentlemen, I am truly grateful for everyones input in this thread. I've learned a ton and am able to move forward with any decision in a much more informed manner. I agree that the meat of my OP has been sufficiently whipped out of this thread, but am still finding the digressed banter entertaining!

Cheers!

Jay

Quick Reply: AM exhaust voids warranty on 997.2?