997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TranzIt BLU HF Install in a 997.1TT - PCM 2.1

Old 04-22-2014, 04:14 PM
Basalt997tt
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, none of the phone or playlist info will show up on the screen? This is just a better sound quality FM modulator... I still like it for the price and simplicity
Old 04-22-2014, 08:21 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

I don't think it has RDS, that would allow you to see the song title scroll in the main menu and center screen. No mention of RDS anywhere in the manual. For that reason, I won't get it unless I am wrong.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:23 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 503 Likes on 186 Posts

It has RDS.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:33 PM
Basalt997tt
Intermediate

Great on the RDS. So, who got the best service/price?
Old 04-23-2014, 08:38 AM
9LVN_TT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Basalt997tt
Great on the RDS. So, who got the best service/price?
I purchased mine from www.discountcarstereo.com

Great price, super fast shipping.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:00 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

gonna pull the trigger and try this out. Anyone put the mic in the oem location in the steering column? Curious to how it works, i hate having mic's exposed
Old 04-23-2014, 04:01 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 9LVN_TT
I purchased mine from www.discountcarstereo.com

Great price, super fast shipping.
ordered from amazon, 84 bucks, 1 more left
http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...A2R0FX412W1BDT
Old 04-23-2014, 04:24 PM
9LVN_TT
Pro

Originally Posted by bmwtye
gonna pull the trigger and try this out. Anyone put the mic in the oem location in the steering column? Curious to how it works, i hate having mic's exposed
I tucked mine within the A pillar above the driver side door - I did not use the clip as I did not mount it on the visor like most do. The alcantara roof material within my car is black, so it hides it well. The mic does hang ever so slightly but it is not visible unless you really look for it - it actually hides really well and voice can be heard clearly. There was someone on here who mounted it near or, around the steering column and said that people on the other end could hear the signal "clikcing" when he used it.

ordered from amazon, 84 bucks, 1 more left
http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...A2R0FX412W1BDT
Great deal! I paid $119 I believe.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:27 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

I tucked mine within the A pillar above the driver side door - I did not use the clip as I did not mount it on the visor like most do. The alcantara roof material within my car is black, so it hides it well. The mic does hang ever so slightly but it is not visible unless you really look for it - it actually hides really well and voice can be heard clearly. There was someone on here who mounted it near or, around the steering column and said that people on the other end could hear the signal "clikcing" when he used it.

Great deal! I paid $119 I believe.
Thanks, I have my a-pillers off already so ill see about doing that then, definitely not using the clip. If theres enough length, i could put it in one of the blank spots in the dome light cover (since my car doesnt have home link buttons and just a blank) and drill holes in the blank or use a mesh over it so its really not noticeable. For the green button, i was thinking of putting in in the center console ash tray, that way its just a flip open and there it is, and can be completely hidden. Does the button have enough cable length to get it there?
Old 04-23-2014, 04:31 PM
9LVN_TT
Pro

Thanks, I have my a-pillers off already so ill see about doing that then, definitely not using the clip. For the green button, i was thinking of putting in in the center console ash tray, that way its just a flip open and there it is, and can be completely hidden. Does the button have enough cable length to get it there?
It has plenty of cable length - you will be fine. It's a ribbon like wire, very easy to tuck away.

I placed my "green" button exactly where the OP did in this thread. It works great for me there and not intrusive.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:41 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

It has plenty of cable length - you will be fine. It's a ribbon like wire, very easy to tuck away.

I placed my "green" button exactly where the OP did in this thread. It works great for me there and not intrusive.
Thanks for the info, the green button there doesnt work for me unfortunately. I have done a lot of interior work in terms of carbon fiber and leather with yellow deviated stiching, so there is no more plastic look inside my interior, and my lower dash is alcantara, so a green button there stands out too much for me lol
Old 04-23-2014, 04:48 PM
Basalt997tt
Intermediate

Just ordered from amazon...
Old 04-24-2014, 01:19 AM
dewilmoth
Pro

Received 151 Likes on 83 Posts

Anyone know whether there is some sort of wiring harness that plugs into the stock harness so that I don't have to tap into the stock power/ground wires? I'm ready too give this a shot thanks to the low price, but I don't want to do anything that isn't reversible. Thanks.

Edit: Maybe this will work? http://www.discountcarstereo.com/PAH-1784.html

Last edited by dewilmoth; 04-24-2014 at 01:52 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:22 AM
9LVN_TT
Pro

Originally Posted by dewilmoth
Anyone know whether there is some sort of wiring harness that plugs into the stock harness so that I don't have to tap into the stock power/ground wires? I'm ready too give this a shot thanks to the low price, but I don't want to do anything that isn't reversible. Thanks.

Edit: Maybe this will work? http://www.discountcarstereo.com/PAH-1784.html
Pretty sure the OP purchased the same adapter you have just posted a link for, don't think he used it though based on the pics he put up of the process/install.

I didn't use one. You can easily reverse the install - just be sure not to solder. Simply insulate the ground and power wires with some electrical tape afterwards to cover them up. I nused electrical tape to insulate for the install, so just reverse the process.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:06 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 503 Likes on 186 Posts

Yep, that's the harness adapter but it doesn't work on PCM radios. It's for the older Becker units. Also the gauge on that adapter is 16-18 (ballpark estimate by eyeballing it), while the factory one is around 12.

You can use T-tap connectors, but I prefer my method better.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TranzIt BLU HF Install in a 997.1TT - PCM 2.1