Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softronic tune bought

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 10:00 PM
ok-cami
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Last week I had my Softronic tune installed.
I live in Connecticut, so it was a no-brainer to have Scott Slausen personally install the tune and give me the grand tour of his shop. He's a sharp guy and a gentleman.
When I took possession of my car two weeks ago, it had previously been modified with a Milltek exhaust and a more robust GT2 clutch.
I figured, thanks in part to this forum, DJ23, and my proximity to Softronic, that I might as well get a tune to go along with the prior mods...because 480hp isn't enough, right?
Well, the vehicle is now noticeably faster, not jittery, boost seems to come on earlier and stay on longer, and the car pulls harder -- particularly in 2nd, 3rd & 4th gears.
These are my humble observations after driving the car with the tune for one week.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:45 PM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by ok-cami
Last week I had my Softronic tune installed.
I live in Connecticut, so it was a no-brainer to have Scott Slausen personally install the tune and give me the grand tour of his shop. He's a sharp guy and a gentleman.
When I took possession of my car two weeks ago, it had previously been modified with a Milltek exhaust and a more robust GT2 clutch.
I figured, thanks in part to this forum, DJ23, and my proximity to Softronic, that I might as well get a tune to go along with the prior mods...because 480hp isn't enough, right?
Well, the vehicle is now noticeably faster, not jittery, boost seems to come on earlier and stay on longer, and the car pulls harder -- particularly in 2nd, 3rd & 4th gears.
These are my humble observations after driving the car with the tune for one week.
How do you like that exhaust? I've heard good things about the Audi systems. Any drone?
Old 08-25-2014, 11:02 PM
ok-cami
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

My comparison experience is limited to only my previous 996 sport exhaust to which the Milltek has a much throatier and deeper note but does not drone nor gurgle.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:45 PM
ExceleratePerf
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CincyScott
How do you like that exhaust? I've heard good things about the Audi systems. Any drone?
Depending on which system you get can determine how much, if any, drone you have. Most of the resonated systems don't have any drone.

Quick Reply: Softronic tune bought