Sponsored by:

Need some ECU/Tuning advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 03:27 PM
GTRNICK
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Leo997TT
Dude nick I'm very disappointed, you are the new Dan.... Ever since you open the new company with FVD you just want everybody to think FVD is the **** and you are trashing everybody out.... Champion Motorsport, Europipe, etc

Relax brother you can sell FVD products without trashing other companies...

You were not a troll at all... This is a new thing
No dude you are wrong, all wrong and like I said brainwashed.

I have champion parts on my car? I spent $10000 with them so what you on about?

I don't believe in their intercoolers so you are gonna automatically think I am their enemy well you are wrong.

As for Europipe again I tried to help Stef by selling him an exhaust to someone and again he got all rude with me and didn't want to help me for no good reason, but I have never said to anyone his product is bad but it is very expensive and sounds a little tame to me in my experience as I owned one.

FVD are great and I have had the best experience with them and even wanted to get involved to help them.

Now I have not as yet so cool your assumptions down a little.

Because Speed21 comes on here like Sherlock you automatically think what he says is Gospel.

Poor you

And where is all this I am selling FVD business coming from I have never sold any FVD on this forum?
Old 01-24-2014, 03:46 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nick Let's keep this short because this forum is becoming worst than a reality show....

1-I don't have any enemies in this forum or any other forum... To me we are a bunch of car guys that love our cars and love to talk about it... We all think we know a lot but in reality we don't know anything...

2-you did open anew company and FVD have you as a new dealer for FVD in the UK and that is AWSOME! I just don't agree with you becoming the new troll to make everybody think FVD is the best!!! Btw what's the best? We will never know Unless we have a big budget and test every tune and exhaust out there...

3- I also spend over 10k in aftermarket parts from CMS and I never had a problem with them... But that was me... Maybe you had a different experience... But why are you coming out with that? Why you didn't do it before you became a dealer for FVD?

4-Speed21 love to call people out when they are full of ****... I honestly like people like that... I hate Hippocrates back stabbers... I know some of his "secret friends" that had bad experience with some products... They are real and they tell him because they are scare to start something in the forum...

5-whatever problem you had with Stef is not my problem, you told me about it and I never told anyone... I kept my word
Old 01-24-2014, 03:53 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We all want to have the fastest car out there but in real life 90% of us including myself don't even know how to use the stock Power! in our cars... But we want more and more!!! Lol then one day we go to the track and we have a 76 years old guy passing us with his 2001 red convertible Boxter with brown interior!!! ...

Come in guys! This is a forum! This is our hobby!! Let's make friends and have fun... Let's laugh about how ridiculous we can sound when we talk about cars

Last edited by Leo997TT; 01-24-2014 at 04:13 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:13 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Gentlemen...What's happening here? Everyone is entitled to like what they like. Everyone had had different experiences. And most humans have 70% of their opinions on things they have never experienced themselves..So how can some one with a ABC tune say theirs is better than XYZ tune when they have never experienced it?

I like Leo's input as well as Nick's and even Paul's as well as the tuners. We don't have to go bashing heads because we have different opinions. WTF? Like Leo said this is just our hobby!

Nick has completely torn his motor apart and rebuilded it.. He has experience with aftermarket IC's. Why not just hear what he has to say and agree or disagree..

Have any of us re built out motors? Put on upgraded turbos? No.....So why not hear the experience of someone that has?

The original poster just wanted opinions on a tune..Instead this thread turned out be a "Kardashian" episode..

LOTS of people make a great tune for our cars. I don't think my Protomotive tune is better than Nicks or Leo's (on his old car) or anybody elses.. But it works for me and I'm glad that I have it..

Let's stick to bashing crooks like Vivid and not cannibalize ourselves.. Just sayin..
Old 01-24-2014, 04:17 PM
ChrisAW
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is all in how you represent yourself on the forum. When lots of posts I see coming out of someone are argumentative, attacking, or overly defensive I tend to take what they say with a grain of salt. This goes for average users but especially for someone with skin in the game selling a product, on the forum or elsewhere.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:18 PM
GTRNICK
Racer

Originally Posted by Leo997TT
Nick Let's keep this short because this forum is becoming worst than a reality show....

1-I don't have any enemies in this forum or any other forum... To me we are a bunch of car guys that love our cars and love to talk about it... We all think we know a lot but in reality we don't know anything...

I agree with you about the enemy bit and do not see you as one and yes we do let emotions fly off the handle sometimes

2-you did open anew company and FVD have you as a new dealer for FVD in the UK and that is AWSOME! I just don't agree with you becoming the new troll to make everybody think FVD is the best!!! Btw what's the best? We will never know Unless we have a big budget and test every tune and exhaust out there...

Yes I did set it up a few years a go but anyone can set a company within 5 mins!!

At the time I spoke with Champion about selling their products that I had interest and also IPD, Europipe, OZ racing, Numeric Racing, Bilstein etc etc

So FVD is not the only product I have experience in and not the only company I intended to sell for.

I started this company to enjoy my hobby not to gain money as I have plenty of real estate for that.

My point is I never opened the doors to the company and have sold nothing on the forums.

If I was officially in business then I would have add's in magazines, I would be a paying sponsor on here and 6speed my car would have been in the magazine by now for a write up the list goes on.

The only reason I say FVD is great when someone mentions them is because I have a great experience, not to make a sale lol

The reason I get annoyed about the intercoolers on the market is I have learnt from experience from the time and money I have spent the past 3 years perfecting my own!

99% of the aftermarket companies that sell them have no real evidence or proof that what they are selling you is better than what Porsche made and put on the car in the first place

3- I also spend over 10k in aftermarket parts from CMS and I never had a problem with them... But that was me... Maybe you had a different experience... But why are you coming out with that? Why you didn't do it before you became a dealer for FVD?

Look I explained that above.

4-Speed21 love to call people out when they are full of ****... I honestly like people like that... I hate Hippocrates back stabbers... I know some of his "secret friends" that had bad experience with some products... They are real and they tell him because they are scare to start something in the forum...

No he does not like to call people out he loves to start trouble and the quicker you see that for yourself the better. Everyone else can apart from you

5-whatever problem you had with Stef is not my problem, you told me about it and I never told anyone... I kept my word

I know you did, but I am not a liar like you said a moment ago comparing me to that A-hole from vivid who cons everyone!!!

So I do not mind saying this in public as I don't have anything to hide.

Look if you think I am a dishonest BS'ing guy then oh well then you and Mr speed are only 2 people out of the millions that will think that and it's fine.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:22 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And this is why the Turbo forums have a reputation. I've been spending a lot of time on the GT forum because of its orientation to track related activities + meaningful debates.

Nik- you sound like a Richard above I understand your frustrations with Paul but cmon dude.

"Because Speed21 comes on here like Sherlock you automatically think what he says is Gospel.
Poor you"

Leo - good post above and summarizing what these forums should be.

We sound like 17 year old kids measuring the size of their penises. Every thread ends up this way if you guys want to get a tape measure out then lets do it.

I'm so sick of this "mine is the best because I love it therefore everyone should buy what I have" attitude.

Paul should be waking up soon so lets see how long this thread can go before Mods start regulating.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:23 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Damn 3 more posts while I was typing. And again chill the f out gents
Old 01-24-2014, 04:28 PM
GTRNICK
Racer

Look this is a list of what I have on my car it's not just FVD!

List of mod's:-

Aero/body

Werks 1 Aerokit (front lip, rear wing, rear diffuser)

Cargraphic carbon wing mirrors,

Porsche Gen 2 Turbo Rear Bumper,

Porsche Gen 2 LED Rear Lights,

Porsche Gen 2 LED foglight,

FVD Rear LED converters.

Power/drive

BMC panel filter,

FVD Gen 2 Exhaust tips,

FVD exhaust system,

FVD manifolds,

FVD remap,

FVD LWFW clutch kit,

Home brew Aerospace Intercoolers,

FVD Hybrid turbos,

FVD Forged 3.8ltr inc pistons, liners, con rods and cams.

Wheels/handling

OZ racing 19" Superforgiata wheels with Michelin pilot super sports,

Tikore 2 piece titanium (16 bolts and 4 locking nuts),

Bilstein sport PASM suspension kit,

Full RSS kit (drop links, anti roll bars, toe arms, lower control arms)

Now as you can see it's not just FVD I have real experience with a lot of companies and used a lot of different products even some are not mentioned for personal reasons.

I went through all this because If I did want to start selling products I thought I should try and test them before I start selling people parts as one day a bad one might come back and bite me in the ***!

You tell me how many people even do this.

The other thing is I am having second thought's about getting into this business as it seems to be ruining my hobby because of all the crap that's been going on in the forums.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:31 PM
ChrisAW
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is awful, I'm not reading anymore. All debates on here and 6 speed seem to turn into the same few people making longwinded posts back and forth to each other and accomplishing nothing. Bye bye.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:35 PM
GTRNICK
Racer

Originally Posted by eurotom
Damn 3 more posts while I was typing. And again chill the f out gents
Friggin hell I only speak the truth and I have spent a lot of time and money and effort compared to most peeps on here on my 997 I am not saying what I have done is the best out there but it has been great for me in my experience so when you get a Richard like Paul coming along and PMin'g everyone including myself a load of BS it does get ya back up!!!
Old 01-24-2014, 04:38 PM
Runner
Pro

Received 288 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by phillipj
Gentlemen...What's happening here? Everyone is entitled to like what they like. Everyone had had different experiences. And most humans have 70% of their opinions on things they have never experienced themselves..So how can some one with a ABC tune say theirs is better than XYZ tune when they have never experienced it? I like Leo's input as well as Nick's and even Paul's as well as the tuners. We don't have to go bashing heads because we have different opinions. WTF? Like Leo said this is just our hobby! Nick has completely torn his motor apart and rebuilded it.. He has experience with aftermarket IC's. Why not just hear what he has to say and agree or disagree.. Have any of us re built out motors? Put on upgraded turbos? No.....So why not hear the experience of someone that has? The original poster just wanted opinions on a tune..Instead this thread turned out be a "Kardashian" episode.. LOTS of people make a great tune for our cars. I don't think my Protomotive tune is better than Nicks or Leo's (on his old car) or anybody elses.. But it works for me and I'm glad that I have it.. Let's stick to bashing crooks like Vivid and not cannibalize ourselves.. Just sayin..
Great post!
Old 01-24-2014, 04:39 PM
GTRNICK
Racer

Originally Posted by ChrisAW
This is awful, I'm not reading anymore. All debates on here and 6 speed seem to turn into the same few people making longwinded posts back and forth to each other and accomplishing nothing. Bye bye.
You are right!

Another thread is ruined thanks to people having opinions based on hear say and no actual first hand experience. It's great that these kind of tit's can just come on here and speak like they are a know it all and actually know F-all from where I am sitting.

Paul is a Genious! He cant take all the credit though I got sucked in like a **** so in this case I wasn't so clever.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:40 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

^ Nik I'm not questioning you, your input and time/money spent is appreciated.

OP please close this thread.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:46 PM
GTRNICK
Racer

Originally Posted by eurotom
^ Nik I'm not questioning you, your input and time/money spent is appreciated.

OP please close this thread.
Thanks Tom but you know who will be on here soon to pick every post apart like an inspector at a crime scene

Quick Reply: Need some ECU/Tuning advice