Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought a CPO'd porsche, no maintenance history am I getting screwed?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 10:42 AM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

It shouldn't be just about the cost of the spark plugs. The point is, if they didn't change the plugs when they should have had, what else did they not service?

Did they even inspect the car?
Old 10-10-2013, 01:06 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I would find it hard to believe that a premier Porsche dealer wouldn't do a proper cpo inspection, especially this dealer that I'm very familiar with, PCNA would have a huge issue with that cpo process. There has got to be more to the story. GL to the OP in either case.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:34 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I would find it hard to believe that a premier Porsche dealer wouldn't do a proper cpo inspection, especially this dealer that I'm very familiar with, PCNA would have a huge issue with that cpo process. There has got to be more to the story. GL to the OP in either case.
They are all car dealers and it's all about making money, period. I won't be surprised if this particular car needed lots of work to pass CPO so they just went ahead and labelled it as CPO and sold it with CPO mark up?

There's nothing the OP can do unless he gets the CPO check list from the dealer and get it verified at another Porsche dealer and than call PCNA (yes I am kidding) to look into it.

PCNA ... what a joke

If it was me, I would get a 60K service done which is not just the spark plugs? I would get the car inspected again too.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:54 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
+1!

The onus is always on the buyer when buying a used car to do a full PPI, ask all the questions, take it to a body shop, run the car fax, crawl under the car, have a priest look at it, do a DMV check, look at the title, ..., and to make sure the car is what they expect it to be...CPO or not CPO, buying from an old lady / not, one owner car or multiple car owner, etc. As we all know, there is always risks involved. Personally, after all the above I am happy if the issues discovered are minor and not big ugly stuff. I always plan on putting a couple of $Ks for surprises and what the OP is dealing with right now. My rule has been, and TT Surgon has helped me on a couple of deals to bid low and then walk away...I recently walked away from a 1994 965T that most people would have bought but I did not want to get tangled up with a white turd...

My vote for the OP is to be cool and enjoy the car...the car is most likely a good car despite possible misrepresentation by the seller....
Old 10-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by C2 Turbo

They are all car dealers and it's all about making money, period. I won't be surprised if this particular car needed lots of work to pass CPO so they just went ahead and labelled it as CPO and sold it with CPO mark up?

There's nothing the OP can do unless he gets the CPO check list from the dealer and get it verified at another Porsche dealer and than call PCNA (yes I am kidding) to look into it.

PCNA ... what a joke

If it was me, I would get a 60K service done which is not just the spark plugs? I would get the car inspected again too.
PCNA = Big disappointment...
When you call them with real problems and insist, you sometimes get a call back from someone who knows less about these cars than my kitty cat!!!!

Quick Reply: Bought a CPO'd porsche, no maintenance history am I getting screwed?